Office Tour Photos
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama is one of the fastest growing companies in education, and marketing has been a key driver of that success. 45% of our revenue comes inbound and Panorama has become a leading brand in every corner of the country. Our local events are known for high-quality content. We have created new product categories around improving outcomes for students, and rapidly achieved strong growth in those categories among some of Americas largest school systems. #ThanksMarketing has become a favorite Slack hashtag across the company.
Now, as we grow toward $40mm ARR and beyond, we are looking for an experienced B2B marketing leader to build out the next version of our marketing strategy, and grow the team to the next level. The VP Marketing sits on Panoramas Leadership Team and reports to the CEO in Boston.
As VP Marketing, your top priorities will be:
- Demand generation: Build out the next version of our demand gen engine. Achieve strong, repeatable inbound lead generation at our next level of scale, significantly increasing the number of conversations/demos the sales team is doing and ultimately leading toward closed revenue.
- Product marketing: Build and lead product marketing as an area of excellence, including strong messaging, positioning, buyer understanding, and sales enablement. We are creating a new product category, so stellar product marketing is central to how we win.
- Team: Be a fantastic leader and manager of the Marketing team (currently 5 people). Create your vision for what our Marketing team should be, and build it out. Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships, especially with Sales, Product, and CS.
You will also lead our strategy and execution around field and events, community, customer marketing, PR, and brand.
K-12 education experience is not necessary - we have built a diverse Leadership Team with experience across industries - but a passion for improving education will be important for your success.
What Were Looking For:
- Senior B2B marketing leader with experience setting and executing marketing strategy, and building out a marketing organization
- Strong skills in Product Marketing and/or Demand Generation (both are critical to our success - most likely you are an expert in one, with the ability to manage and build out the other, even if its not your core area of expertise)
- You thrive in a high-growth startup environment
- You are excited about building out a marketing organization (not just running one), and happy to roll up your sleeves in the process
- Talented people manager - you love building and developing a team
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong cross-functional collaborator - you will quickly have strong relationships across the company, especially with Sales, Product, and CS
- You are curious, data-driven, and always tend toward experimentation and learning
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From