The ideal candidate has led performance marketing for a high-growth startup and created efficient, scalable and profitable rocket-ship growth. You balance numbers and results with brand and messaging. You are comfortable customizing and optimizing your marketing tactics to hit multiple key performance metrics, while at the same time driving awareness and brand value.
You are a multi-talented doer: You can pivot from managing campaigns inside facebook ads manager and writing ad copy to making high level data driven marketing decisions. You love A/B testing, and you'd never think of running a campaign without thoughtful test designs to ensure you are a-l-w-a-y-s learning. Wild horses couldn't keep you from digging into the weeds and getting a job done yourself, but you are wise enough to know when to hire and scale a team or hire an agency to drive rapid growth.
Your love of marketing doesn't stop with driving performance, you are also a born story-teller and brand builder. You care deeply about connecting with your users, providing them with top-tier experiences, and building a brand that users can't help but tell their friends and family about.
You have experience with and a passion for investing, finance, and real estate and the desire to change how people build wealth excites you. You likely have experience in fintech, insuretech, or proptech. You’re a consumer marketer and your recent roles have been in B2C marketing. You are a hunter that knows what it takes to get many jobs done as a team of one but can also build a world-class team as we scale.
Successful candidates will have some or all of the following experience:
- You’ve been the leader of customer acquisition and/or marketing for a B2C startup. The organization achieved significant scale. You arrived early (Seed or A round) and grew with the organization for several years.
- Experience running a metrics-driven marketing organization within P&L and KPI parameters including focus on customer acquisition cost, lifetime customer value, customer retention, annual revenue per unit, and same unit revenue growth.
- You have several years experience managing teams to deliver marketing, customer acquisition, and growth for a venture backed startup - likely a consumer marketplace/PropTech/FinTech/Insuretech brand that’s created a new category.
You will be joining a venture-backed early stage team made up of experienced, successful entrepreneurs with multiple ventures and exits under their belts. The ability to get things done well and quickly is paramount. You get out of bed in the morning with ideas for how to improve systems, follow-up sequences, form completion rates, ad copy, and user interfaces.
- Work as a member of our senior leadership team providing input and collaborating to achieve our strategic goals.
- Manage marketing and customer acquisition campaigns within budget parameters to deliver leads and signups at an ever improving $/acq.
- Own our customer acquisition metrics reporting and, with the help of our product team, improve our campaigns, website, and app to achieve growth goals.
- Hire, develop, and scale a world class team
- Be a leader and mentor to a growing team of marketers, managers, and analysts who help you deliver digital, email, audio, tv, affiliate, PR, postal mail, outdoor campaigns that drive traffic, leads, and client signups.
- Work with and manage agencies and independent contractors who deliver outcomes and skill sets we do not possess within our team.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, software companies, and agencies.
Requirements, Skills, and Characteristics:
- Experience building customer acquisition programs across a wide variety of channels both offline and online.
- You’re comfortable with digital, outdoor, radio, podcasting, tv, email, affiliate, PR, and a number of other channels.
- You’ve successfully run multi-channel and multi-touch campaigns before with success, tracking each ad dollar for effectiveness and impact.
- Obsessive about attribution and performance measurement
- Vendor Management - Experience negotiating and project managing sub-contractors and agencies. You likely lean in-house, but know that outsourcing often makes a lot of sense especially as an organization scales.
- Expert A/B testing and Interpretation
- Passionate about Customers & Mission – Always championing the customer’s perspective and has a genuine passion for the Knox mission of Frictionless Ownership and democratizing market-beating wealth creation.
Every candidate’s personal financial priorities are different, therefore we can be somewhat flexible in the mix of base salary and equity. Of course, all members of the Knox team receive our generous benefit package.