VP of Marketing
Learn more about the role from our COO, Adam Medros, here!
edX, the trusted platform for education and learning, is looking for a senior marketing leader who is looking to apply their brand building and growth experience to the global opportunity to transform access and affordability of education.
Reporting to the President & COO, the Vice President of Marketing is responsible for building and developing a world-class marketing team that can create and execute a data-driven growth marketing strategy, a brand and product marketing strategy to accelerate growth and also build edXs brand equity and market awareness globally.
The VP of Marketing will:
- Oversee all aspects of marketing including brand, product marketing, PR, internal and external communications, social media, customer acquisition and growth.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing strategies to solidify the edX brand and the brand value of our innovative MicroMasters program and B2B business offering.
- Grow our capability to acquire and nurture learners interested in programs and degrees.
- Grow our capability to acquire enterprise sales leads.
- Develop and manage a consistent voice and tone across all edX products, in concert with Product and Engineering.
- Lead, develop and manage a growing marketing team.
- Represent the marketing team as a member of the executive leadership team and work closely with other functional leaders to guide edX strategy and operations.
- 10+ years experience leading a consumer web marketing organization focused on both growth and brand building.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a data-driven and outcome oriented team in a B2C market.
- Passion for and understanding of leveraging data to evaluate the impact of marketing.
- Experience generating, developing, and executing impactful brand, product marketing, and PR outcomes.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience collaborating and navigating in a matrixed organization.
- Comfort dealing with complex organizational change management.
- Experience coaching leaders and managers, aligning teams to goals, setting a strategic vision and creating an engaging, positive work environment.
- Experience hiring and developing top talent and designing diverse, inclusive, effective and results-driven organizations.
- Experience with marketing in the EdTech space including online certificate or degree programs, executive education, or Online Program Management (OPM).
- Experience working with partner marketing teams.
- B2B or Enterprise marketing experience.
- Experience aligning product brand with employer brand to recruit top talent.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.