Droplette is revolutionizing drug delivery: we are building a disruptive needle-free platform technology with groundbreaking applications in cosmetics, gene delivery, and healthcare.
The VP of Manufacturing Operations will oversee all manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, distribution, sourcing and materials management functions for Droplette. This role will provide strategic leadership and tactical direction with the goal of delivering predictably and on time across a number of existing and future product lines. This role will be responsible for managing our vertically integrated capsule manufacturing facility; setting up a global 3PL distribution structure; and will lead a team that will set up and manage our global supply chain, including contract manufacturers. The best candidate will demonstrate a drive for achieving operational excellence in quality, delivery, cost and working capital leverage. Accomplishing these objectives will require the implementation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes as well as the development of a highly efficient and effective organization.
This is a highly visible role in a market-leading high growth startup. As a key operating member of Droplettes Senior Leadership Team, the VP of Manufacturing Operations will participate in management meetings, including weekly staff meetings. This role is located in Boston, MA.
What Youll Do:
- Manage a vertically integrated capsule manufacturing facility that delivers direct-to-consumer subscription orders on time and with high quality
- Create a stable and predictable manufacturing supply chain that delivers hardware products on time to all regions of sale
- Establish, maintain and report on KPIs & OKRs that drive business performance in support of the operating plan
- Organize and scale the manufacturing operations team around key business performance metrics
- Monitor and drive up manufacturing capacity keeping ahead of sales forecasts
- Drive improvements in quality as well as product margins
- Continuously identify and mitigate key structural risks and single points of failure in the supply chain that may impact or limit on time product shipments as well as revenue growth
- Interview, hire and coach the operations team to form a world class organization
- Partner with R&D to create a smooth transition process from design into production including the generation of test and reliability plans
- Manage our Contract Manufacturers and key strategic partner relationships and act as the key executive liaison
- Drive up build quality by partnering with membership services and prioritizing top field failure issues
What We Seek:
- Experience with hardware products is preferred
- Over 10 years of experience growing, managing and maintaining a >$500M supply chain
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build consensus
- Experience managing a high throughput manufacturing facility, including hourly and shift workers
- Experience in identifying, qualifying and ramping up new manufacturing and distribution partners as well as sub-suppliers
- Experience building and managing manufacturing and sustaining engineering teams
- Experience with establishing ISO14001 standards or similar
- Success in navigating and reducing risk in tight supply situations
- Experience with introducing multiple new electromechanical products into Asia-based manufacturing facilities
- Experience setting up 3PL distribution centers globally
- Leadership across a distributed manufacturing organization
- Full ownership of product level ex-factory BOM
- Cross-cultural negotiation experience
- Engineering degree with MBA is preferred
More about Droplette
The Droplette team is driven to make an impact in medicine and consumer healthcare by harnessing hardware and technology. The ideal candidate for this role will join us on our mission to push the limits of molecular delivery and be enthusiastic about working with a constantly-growing company. We are seeking candidates that are both a technical and cultural fit for our organization: we believe that a passionate and diverse team with interdisciplinary skill sets is crucial as we strive to make a positive difference in the world with our technology.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Droplette also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Droplette.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Droplette must have a current executed Droplette Agency Agreement executed by the Head of People Operations. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Droplette Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Droplette Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
We are committed to placing as much importance on the betterment of our employees' professional and personal lives as we do our customers'. To learn about how we empower and enable you to thrive, in and out of work, see below:
- You will gain access to two Blue Cross Blue Shield plans designed to cover you and your immediate dependents. We pay 80% of the plans cost.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield dental available, offering in-and out-of-network benefits for an annual fee as little as $104 and $270, respectively.
- Basic life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (ADD) insurance with the option of further voluntary cover if you need it.
- Should you have a long-term disability following an accident or injury, our LTD insurance is designed to look after you by covering a percentage of your salary until retirement.
- Staying on top of bills is important, even if youre off work for a relatively short while. Our STD insurance covers employees who have to take time off due to short-term disability or injury.
- Our 401 (k) plan, provided by American Fund where we will make a safe harbor matching contribution equal 25% up to 4% of wages. Vesting is on a 5-year graded schedule (for employer contributions only).
- Access to our employer funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
- Commuter benefits.
- Flexible and generous time off.