VP Learning Architecture
The VP, Learning Architecture is responsible for ensuring all Math development work is aligned with product management and strategy. This VP, LA supervises the work of the Lead Learning Architects and coordinates staffing of project work across the Studio, as well as represents the Studio in cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Supervise, mentor, guide, and advise studio leadership and teams
- Guide development of annual commitments and conduct performance reviews for team
- Work with studio leaders to coordinate Studio Learning Architecture Assignments for all programs;
- Coordinates with PM&S to ensure the PM&S product development plans, goals, and strategies and the work of the Learning Architects are fully aligned;
- Ensures the Studio is represented in cross-functional teams and initiatives;
- Leads the Studio and works with cross-functional teams to ensure ongoing alignment and compliance with any such initiatives;
- Lead team by providing analysis, definition, and coordination of pedagogical features of specific programs;
- Provide content expertise as needed for specific program development
- Lead 8-10 direct reports
Relevant Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education or relevant discipline, Master’s degree or higher;
- Teacher training experience helpful;
- 10+ proven people management experience;
- 8+ years Educational Publishing experience, Experience in assigned discipline area(s);
- Experience working in a K-12 (primary or secondary) education setting;
- Experience developing learning solutions for the K-12 market;
- Strong people leader who is able to develop, coach, and provide feedback effectively in a matrix environment;
- Knowledge of curriculum;
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge of sales, marketing, design, and production issues;
- Editing and writing; basic grammar and composition skills; strong verbal and written communication;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and develop people;
- Ability to act as a change agent within the organization;
- Must be a strong collaborator across diverse groups and a team builder
- Experience in building, leading and managing a high-performance team.
• Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
• The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.