Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are seeking a VP of Investor Relations to lead our corporate investor and financial communications activities. In this critical leadership role, you will be responsible for shaping, articulating, and managing Desktop Metals investment story and maintaining a strong presence within the investor and analyst community. You will also be tasked with creating a compelling investor relations roadmap along with a framework for proactive outreach to prospective and current shareholders. Partnering closely with our CEO, CFO, and Executive and Communications teams, this person will drive and execute all communication of our mission, strategic objectives, and progress with the investment community.
- We are open to remote candidates for this position.
- Relocation assistance to our HQ (Burlington, MA) is available.
- Partner with the CEO, CFO, the executive team, and outside IR consultants to manage Desktop Metals participation on quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls and in-house meetings, road shows, analyst days, and one-on-one meetings.
- Develop and implement a proactive investor relations strategy and program, including identifying sell-side analysts for expanded coverage, managing current investor relationships effectively, building an investor targeting process, and attracting new long-term investors.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Desktop Metals solutions, operations, customers, and corporate development strategy (including M&A activity) through ongoing interface and face-to-face visits with executives and managers across the enterprise.
- Build and maintain relationship with critical investment communities, including current and potential sell-side and buy-side analysts, large institutional shareholders, portfolio and money managers, and the NYSE educate them on Desktop Metals strategy, business activities, financial performance, and key metrics.
- Work closely with key members of senior management on as well as public responses to issues impacting the companys financial performance; anticipate market reactions to possible disclosures, and advise accordingly.
- Lead preparations for all meetings / conferences with investors, analysts, and the media, including actively participating with the legal and finance departments to assure compliance with all securities laws and regulations.
- Manage Desktop Metals investor relations website, including content creation and updates in coordination with the Companys website vendor.
- Respond to inquiries from investors, stock analysts, and other external constituencies as appropriate.
- Assist with creation and/or review of Company press releases, quarterly and other the SEC filings (10-Q/K, 8-K).
- 10+ years of relevant experience in operational, strategic finance, investor relations, or communications roles
- 5+ years of investor relations and communications experience at a publicly traded company with a track record of creating positive relations with the investor community; experience at hardware, manufacturing, and/or technology companies as well as companies that have completed M&A preferred
- Strong financial analysis skills and sophisticated understanding of investor relations
- Network of investment community relationships, including investors, analysts and financial media outlets; proven experience working with Wall Street
- Knowledge of securities disclosure requirements, SEC laws and filing requirements, and stock exchange rules and regulations
- Experience in development and execution of communications strategies; excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and work proactively across functions to understand the Companys products, positioning, and vision
- Bachelors degree required; technical field and/or MBA preferred
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.