The Account Executive is a senior-level leader who provides strategic leadership including establishing / implementing the vision and growth strategies for our top strategic accounts. In this role, you will act as a holistic owner of the account P&L, drive the priorities and direct leaders from across the organization to ensure consistency and timely execution.
This hire must have experience in the healthcare payor industry.
What you will do:
- Lead a matrixed account team that provides strategic focus on the customer experience.
- Ensure that the client perspectives are understood and addressed by the functional business leaders, resulting in improved delivery of products and services.
- Develop, evaluate and implement strategies to gather and respond to client feedback. Work with the cross-functional teams to align customer interests with business objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery. Serve as the primary contact for the customer experience team in resolving issues.
- Provide direction for a more strategically-oriented customer service experience including streamlining points of interaction between the customer and the company and simplifying processes.
- Select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Measure quarterly, bi-annually or annually:
Revenue / Bookings target
· Profitability/Gross Margin improvement
· Executive relationship expansion, VP level and above
· New areas for expansion / collaboration
· Subjective measure: Effective teaming across the account team
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
What you bring:
- Bachelors (B.S. or B.A.) required. Advanced degree in health care operations, health care management/financial planning or health care policy strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of leadership experience within the healthcare domain in consulting, strategic project management, or account management either in a direct role or as account manager, for enterprises with annual revenue of at least $1billion including enterprise, vendor, and customer facing responsibilities. Direct experience within a health plan, TPA, or provider strongly preferred.
- Proven experience establishing and implementing vision and growth strategies for key strategic accounts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence key executive-level stakeholders.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple accounts, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Track record of successfully growing client revenue post initial sale.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
- Proven experience leveraging technology to solve transformative business objectives as well as successful project completion overseeing an enterprise level adoption of new technology.
- Experience leading or facilitating cross functional teams around technological transformation (combining technical, business, and management resources).
- Solid technical aptitude of enterprise class "CORE" transaction (and health clinical) information systems.
- Clinical Business process knowledge including understanding of the annual operating cycle and dependencies among medical management, care coordination, sales, actuarial, operations, customer support, provider contracting, and IT.
- Direct experience working within a commercial software company or working with software solutions within the healthcare industry.
- General knowledge of project management tools such as Agile, critical path design, budget variance analysis, and risk mitigation approaches.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including problem definition, analysis and presentation of alternatives, and cost benefit analysis.
- Solid understanding of (clinical and other) regulatory requirements (specifically CMS and other Federal regulations}.
- Ability for at least a 50% travel commitment.