Who we are:
Wise Systems builds cloud-based autonomous dispatching and routing software used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve efficiency and customer service. Wise Systems is on a mission to optimize the world, helping logistics operations compete and an increasingly dynamic and connected world.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT with the goal of using data to help cities and industries operate in smarter ways. Wise Systems has grown steadily, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow, we are eager to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and cutting-edge products, we need you.
What we are looking for:
Wise Systems is looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to manage, grow and develop our growing software engineering team. You will work alongside the CEO, CTO and management team to expand our team’s technical capabilities and the development of best-in-class solutions. You will be responsible for overseeing the engineering team’s work, creating effective development processes, mentoring and developing engineers, hiring a diverse team, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality, enterprise-grade software.
You are a technically minded engineer with experience managing teams. You have fostered and mentored diverse teams of engineers. You are an excellent communicator and are curious and excited by tackling challenging problems.
We need someone who can engage in conversations about complex technical architecture and the personal goals of team members.
• Assigning work and managing workload for a team of 10+ engineers
• Working with CTO and product management to build and oversee effective software development processes
• Engaging in decisions over technical architecture and design
• Ensuring product development deadlines are met
• Shaping the strategic vision and goals of the company as part of the management team
• Ensuring that the company’s values and strategic vision are reflected in the work of the engineering team
• Recruiting and hiring engineers
• Developing your team as leaders and engineers
• Maintaining a positive and collaborative engineering culture
• Engaging with the management team to help make strategic decisions about the direction of the company
• Ensuring only high-quality and reliable code is pushed
• 10+ years of experience in software engineering
• 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
• Experience at a rapidly growing startup
• Experience with recruiting and mentoring fellow engineers
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• You are a patient and empathetic leader
• You are passionate about people and their development
• You love solving difficult problems
• You are a creative and strategic thinker
• You are a quick and self-motivated learner
Please send resumes in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!