Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a VP of Engineering to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is seeking an experienced leader for our Norwalk and Boston based software engineering teams. This position requires someone with a thorough knowledge of what it takes to build and maintain highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. The ideal candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance without overshadowing the project's technical architect.
You will report to the CTO.
Does This Describe You:
You're a leader, efficient and respectful yet direct.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Operate infrastructure at scale
- Deliver software to do multi-cloud data management and compute as a service
- Evolve quickly to manage our infrastructure from a software perspective
- Deliver frameworks to deploy manage and observe hundreds of petabytes of data across multiple data centers
- 5+ years in a management role responsible for the deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure as a service
- Experience with technologies such as open stack, swift, Ceph, and other cloud-scale frameworks
- Experience in a devops environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated technical abilities. For example, as evidenced by some combination of:
- A BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE, or Mathematics
- Work experience developing virtualization and/or cloud-scale monitoring
- Work experience in a technical position in collaboration with software engineers
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From