CareAcademy is building an end to end home care enablement platform that will change healthcare. We prepare millions of direct care workers to fulfill our mission that anyone needing longer-term care can have a high quality of life in their setting through access to an excellent & valued health care team.
Join us in using the power of education to help millions of direct care workers access high skills training and higher-wage work. If you’re hungry to both do good and do well, with a fast-growing, venture-backed, post-Series A company then CareAcademy wants you.
The VP of Engineering Role:
We seek a VP of Engineering that can drive the software engineering organization to manage the delivery of world-class products. Our VP will build our team of developers - in scale, maturity, and effectiveness - and provide leadership in building our products. As a member of the executive management team the VP of Engineering will report to the CEO, and work with the CTO to play a significant role in shaping the company’s strategic planning.
Our ideal candidate has both a strong background and work experience in both team management and engineering execution as well as software and systems architecture. Responsibilities include:
Identify and implement appropriate product development management practices to maximize development velocity, predictability, product quality as well as happiness in our software developer team.
Lead all hiring for engineering and other related roles identified by the CEO.
- Work with product, sales, and marketing leads and the CEO to support day-to-day and long-term metrics review and planning.
Make & execute engineering-equivalent OKRs that align with CareAcademy’s business OKRs.
- Work as technical lead with the product lead on effective identification / description of specific product features to be implemented, and on effective product backlog / pipeline / roadmap management.
Build a scalable, multi-tenant SaaS platform using Ruby on Rails in the back end, and vue.js in the front end.
Manage resolution of immediate customer issues arising from production product usage while managing the load on software development.
- Can also find and work with a product architect to optimize the software & systems architecture of CareAcademy’s products to scale at the relevant speed of sales growth over time.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science. Masters degree in software / hardware technology strongly-preferred.
- Five+ years of direct work experience in engineering management (as a pure manager, not a mixed manager/contributor) in a software / hardware technology company. Two of those should include being part of a company executive team.
- Managed an engineering team of at least 10 individuals; preference for having grown teams from that size to as large as 35 people or more.
- Expert knowledge of modern engineering management methods & tools.
Our VP of Engineering can look forward to:
- A diverse, hard-working, fun-loving, and thoughtful work environment and colleagues.
- A collaborative, compassionate environment with people who strive to be and do their best for each other, customers, and direct care workers.
- Distributed yet tightly-knit team
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company which rewards success
- A market with high growth through recession and beyond
- Knowing that you are working to solve one of the greatest healthcare challenges facing the world: ensuring that we are equipping direct care workers so anyone can receive the best standard of care
- Salary: $180-200K
- Bonus: Commensurate with excelling and propelling company goals
- Equity: .6% -1%
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.