VP, Consumer Product
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
Our consumer mission is to be the smartest place to shop for insurance. The Vice President of Consumer Product role is responsible for shaping the strategy and ensuring proper execution of processes across the consumer product suite (EverDrive, Auto, Home, Life and future verticals). As we evolve how our consumers experience EverQuote, the VP of Consumer Product, more than any other role on the product team, will require a strong sense of product design, project management and strategy to get the job done. This role will report to the SVP of Product & Design.
- Set and communicate a long term product vision and strategy for each vertical
- Align product vision with short and long term business goals
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers and product analysts
- Identify and creatively solve user problems in a way that evolves the consumer product experience
- Align the product roadmap with short and long term business goals to drive measurable results
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape across all verticals and products
- Proactively communicate progress & results in order to build trust throughout the organization and senior management
- BS/BA or MBA preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience working with consumer product management
- Led teams of five or more in previous roles
- A command of product design, including user research, low fi sketching and experience building end-to-end customer experiences
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays grace under pressure ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to influence in both business and technical settings
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at time. Successfully able to meet deadlines
- Experience designing, building, running and interpreting A/B tests
- An ability to bring out the best in star engineers and passionate designers
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Growth mindset Product culture regularly seeking to reflect and improve
- Genuinely data driven with analytics is at the core of the company
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment