Office Tour Photos
Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, the Vice President of a.i. and Chief Data Officer will lead a team to ensure that our customers and athena are deriving the highest possible value from our unique and expansive healthcare data set. This executive will lead the athena.intelligence product organization which owns athenas data assets and develops machine learning models. In addition, they will be responsible for enterprise-wide data governance and athenas overall information strategy.
We are looking for a leader with the ability to develop inventive approaches for creating models and deriving insights from the large amounts of financial and clinical data across the athenahealth network; with the mission improving physician and office staff workflows, reducing administrative cost/processing time, and ultimately providing point of care insights that help improve the quality of healthcare delivered. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall a.i. roadmap, resource allocation, and making buy-build-partner decisions. You will work closely with customers, other product leaders and our Engineering team to ensure that intelligence is infused throughout our product offering. This individual will directly lead and indirectly partner with an overall team of 100+ individuals including product management, product market strategy, product operations (indirect), User Experience (Indirect) and R&D (indirect).
Are you the leader we are looking for? If so, you have:
- A passion for improving our healthcare system.
- Capability to effectively with enterprise clients and understand how they work and think, ultimately crafting approaches that are effective for important external stakeholders.
- Developed a deep understanding of product management best practices; especially in the context of an agile development environment.
- A technical understanding (data science, A.I., software engineering) and an ability to gut check technical feasibility and timelines; removing technical development barriers
- Aptitude to translate the overall objectives of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans
- Ability to lead whiteboard strategy discussions and can help a team understand and own the overall strategic direction and create an executable plan to push out to broader teams
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Data governance
- Own the athena Data Lake and data view product
- Insure consistent definitions and metrics across the organization
- Promote self-service data analysis (both with our customers and within athena)
- Improve data quality
- Product Roadmap Creation / Collaboration
- Create and maintain our internal and external roadmaps for athena.intelligence
- Leverage insights and feedback from clients, prospects and internal partners and make/communicate the necessary tradeoffs to build an excellent offering
- Drive critical business decisions including pricing and build vs. partner vs buy
- Deliver Great Product
- Maintain direct responsibility for the Product Owners who serve as scrum masters
- Ensure proper tradeoffs and management of unplanned requirements to deliver the best possible product on time and within budget
- Team Leadership
- Lead, inspire, and grow a team of athenistas, modeling effective relationship building, ensuring high employee engagement and managing staff career progression
- Ensure continued development of product management team by implementing solutions for learning and teaching
- Expertise and experience within machine learning and data science
- Deep understanding of healthcare / health IT environment
- 15+ years relevant data analytics and data mining experience
- Excellent predictive modeling skills
- Experience leading teams and managing leaders
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From