Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprises digital future business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
The Position: Visual Designer
Youll bring your excellent taste for design and copy to elevatedesign in our company and deliver industry-first creative solutions. We are looking for someone who is rooted in the skills and traditions of graphic design. Beyond that, we seek the next industry great who demonstrates a ferocious interest in the nuances of typography as well as the potential of low code platformsand other innovative technologies like blockchain or AR.We are not a typical marketing department within a technology company. We seek to lift design away from standard corporate messaging and communicate visually to our customers: Mendix is changing the game. Accept the invite, or be left behind.
- Captivate our audience with design that elevates visual appearance and ensures brand continuity and consistency
- Work within our brand guidelines to create layouts that promote Mendix style and voice through visual touch points
- Take direction from our Creative Director on a variety of projects, and demonstrate your value by contributing to team discussions around vision, ideation, design, and execution
- Earn a respected place within a small, high-performing, high-impact team by producing quality work quickly
- Work closely with Product, Product Marketing, and Digital Marketing teams
Experience and Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience designing campaigns
- A trained eye for detail and craft
- Exceptional typographic skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to tell stories visually across multiple media
- Bachelors or Masters degree in design or a related field
- Background in screen based interface design or software development a plus
- Understanding of product design, UX, and testing capabilities a plus
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.