Visiting Researcher (AI Infra)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Sabbatical/Visiting Researchers to join our Facebook AI Infra Research team. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Currently holding a faculty or government researcher position
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree and publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Experience with programming language like C/C++, Java, and/or Scala
- Has published at least 5 publications
We're proud to be the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor's Employees' Choice awards. Learn more: www.fb.careers/fb1
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.