Visas and Compliance Coordinator
Hult International Business School is seeking a motivated customer-service oriented professional as a Visas and Compliance Coordinator.
Under minimal supervision, this position will be responsible for all activities in support of providing seamless and exceptional service to the universitys international population. This position will be the key contact and resource to ensure a positive student experience at the onset. Working very closely with Student Services, Academics, and Registrar, this position will liaise with stakeholders to accurately advise on immigration matters.
The Visas and Compliance Coordinator is required to be certified and serve as a Designated School Official (DSO), approved by the Department of Homeland Security and is charged with the processing of initial and transfer I-20 forms, as well as advising incoming students and currently enrolled students on F-1 visa regulations and benefits. This individual must have the ability to adapt responses to various situations and circumstances, use past precedence in problem-solving, and exhibit exceptional follow-up skills. This is a student-facing role, which requires a positive attitude, and strong organizational and communication skills both in person and through various mediums of communication.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) to federal programs governing the support of international students within in the U.S.
- Liaise with Enrollment Advisors in order to develop best practices and resolve issues for student caseload.
- Advise a large caseload of international students through the U.S. immigration process.
- Maintain student records and produce regular reports on the status of visa applications from Hults CRM, Salesforce.
- Assist with federally mandated compliance requirements related to the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Design and facilitate pre-arrival and post-arrival visa information sessions.
- Create and maintain Visas and Compliance related content, documents, and forms on Hults student portal.
- Assists in advising currently enrolled international students in maintaining F-1 status, securing social security numbers, student employment, obtaining externship authorization, and applying for post-graduation optional practical training.
- Conducting information sessions in-person and virtually in webinar formats.
- Bachelors Degree
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Status (to comply with legal requirements for issuing immigration documents).
- Experience working with SEVIS.
- Knowledge of immigration-related laws, and Department of State and Department of Homeland Security regulations and procedures.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving capacity
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating exceptional time management, organization, and judgment.
- Flexibility with scheduling during peak spring/summer months and some weekends.
Please note you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School offers MBA, Executive MBA, Master, and Bachelor business-focused programs. With its global campus network in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, and rotation centers in Shanghai and New York, Hult provides students with an unrivaled global perspective. Hult is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit institution and is accredited by NEASC and AACSB.
Hultsinnovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.