New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-river experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual fitness programs, including On the Mat offerings like yoga and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects users with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
The Video Editor is responsible for all aspects of the final version of each episode of Hydrow as well as other content as mutually agreed to.
The Hydrow Video Editor will report to the senior video editor and collaborate closely with a content production team, digital media manager, editors, and other talent required to complete the episodes of Hydrow. The primary role of the Video Editor is to edit live video content to produce on demand recorded workouts, journeys and races that inspire people everywhere to engage with Hydrow to accomplish our mission: increased health and meaningful community engagement with our users.
Hydrow implements an agile video production process to evaluate, iterate, and implement change on a rapid cycle basis. The Video Editor will play a key role in this process by managing, communicating, and documenting all of the processes and improvements that the teams agree to with regard to video editing processes, and ensure ongoing delivery of on demand classes on a daily basis. The Video Editors enthusiasm for the mission of Hydrow is a critical component for the success of the company.
Hydrow broadcasts rowing workouts live on the water 5 days a week. Footage goes from the water to the Hydrow app for users to workout to on-demand. Hydrow films On The Mat content that features yoga, pilates, functionable mobility, and strength workouts. Episodes are broadcast from Boston, Miami and other locations around the country.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Editing live rowing videos for our on-demand workout library. This includes using a multi-camera workflow in FCPX or other NLE to sync footage and cut workout according to the Hydrow brand and style.
- Performing necessary EQ and color correction
- Content tagging, creating thumbnails, and uploading all assets for each workout
- Producing promotional and shareable content periodically as agreed to with the team and coordinated on an as-needed basis
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in video editing preferred.
- Comfortable with multi-camera workflows in Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere. Experience using Apple OS X operating systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work under deadlines, strong attention to detail, ability to complete projects in a multi-tasking environment are essential.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, and Izotope RX 7 preferred.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Excellent knowledge of the technical and logistical requirements for episodes of Hydrow, as well as a strong brand awareness and ability to achieve aesthetic and technical goals.
- Ability to implement the mission in every episode Hydrow produces, including clean water initiatives and support for Hydrow partnerships.
- Ability to adapt workflows and priorities to fit the needs of the department on a day-to-day basis.
REPORTS TO: Senior Video Editor
Started in November 2017, Hydrow is growing by leaps and bounds. In fact, the company has received multiple rounds of major investments, bringing the Series A total to an impressive $52M - most recently led by L Catterton, the largest, most global consumer-focused private equity firm. Other investments include prominent names in sports and technology, including Rx3 Ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. This funding will further fuel Hydrow's already impressive trajectory, focusing on content expansion and marketing outreach. The Hydrow experience will soon be promoted to hundreds of thousands of new customers.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.
More Jobs From