Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving complex cloud infrastructure challenges for our customers
We are looking for a Solutions Engineering leader to provide guidance, management, and a strategic vision to a world class Solution Engineering team. Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, the Director of Solution Engineering will play a key role in our companys growth strategy. Building a global team of Solution Engineers, and developing the technical skills required to assist our prospects and customers in finding value in DO solutions. In addition, this role will be a direct interface to our engineering and product management teams in providing technical feedback on both wins and losses and provide direct feedback on how DOs roadmap is viewed by customers and the sales organization.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Directing the Sales Engineering efforts, leading technical resources to assist the Sales teams in winning new customers and maximizing revenue.
- Building and managing a global Sales Engineering team.
- Set objectives, coach the team, measure performance, and reward productivity in the Sales Engineering team.
- Recruit, train, motivate and lead the Solution Engineering team in pursuit of your assigned target
- Design and maintain sales demonstration data content, demo scripts, and competitive scenarios to best position DigitalOceans products and services
- Lead cross-functional initiatives in support of sales process improvement and enablement.
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven experience leading a Sales or Solution Engineering team
- Technical expertise in the area of public cloud infrastructure or relative technical space
- Global Solution Engineering leadership experience preferred
- Ability to travel periodically, as required to support sales & marketing activities
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to present and explain data in a simple yet compelling manner.
- Consistent top performance against assigned goals
- High growth, start-up experience in the technology space is a plus.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Business Development
Want to learn more about our Business Development team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From