Vice President, Solar Analytics
REsurety is a mission-driven organization solving the challenge of resource intermittency for renewable energy. We work in partnership with the world’s leading energy and risk management providers to enable renewable energy consumers and producers to manage the fuel risk of the future: the weather. As a high-growth, profitable company that has already supported over 4,000 MW of clean energy transactions, we are a small team making a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Having built unrivaled expertise in quantifying and managing the financial risks associated with harnessing the wind to produce energy, REsurety is recruiting a technical lead to spearhead the expansion of our products and services into the solar market. This position will require expertise at the intersection of data analytics, physical resource science, and power markets.
- Source, prioritize, and manage automatic ingestion and quality control of solar resource and solar-linked production data feeds from public and private sources
- Develop and back-test prediction models to simulate solar project performance
- Develop methodologies for decoupling the uncertainty of solar generation predictions from the variability of the fuel resource
- Ability to balance detailed analytical rigor and big picture priorities
- 2+ years of experience modeling pre-construction solar generation and/or tracking and evaluating the operational performance of existing solar projects
- A passion for driving down the cost of clean energy
- 5+ years of experience modeling pre-construction solar generation and/or tracking and evaluating the operational performance of existing solar projects
- Experience using the PVSyst modeling software
- In depth knowledge of solar irradiance datasets – and their respective strengths and weaknesses
- Location: Boston, MA
- Travel: minimal
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Hubway Gold Membership
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.