Clora was built by the industry for the industry
We created Clora after spending years being frustrated with hiring the life sciences talent we needed. As our reliance on flexible, highly skilled professionals grew, so did the inefficiency in finding them. These inefficiencies resulted in reduced productivity, blown budgets, and, most importantly, delays in therapies getting to patients. We realized we needed a more effective solution, and we built Clora to be just that.
Clora has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. We look for entrepreneurially-minded people who have both an individual contributor and team player mindset. We have built a company of curious people who embrace free thought but also encourage team collaboration. If this sounds like a team you would like to join, please read further!
Vice President, Sales
The ideal candidate is just like the rest of our team curious, innovative, driven, and upbeat. You're known to have a Hunter mentality and be self-motivated, take responsibility, and first and foremost be passionate about sales and building a successful sales team. You are proud of your ability to multitask, your superb communication skills, and your ability to lead a team. Success is measured by new customer acquisition and existing customer expansion.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a comprehensive sales plan to build pipeline, close deals and expand existing customer accounts
- Develop and implement a clear playbook on how best to predict pipeline and hold your team to the metrics you establish
- Work closely with and hire your direct reports in direct sales, sales development provide mentoring, training and direction
- Deliver aggressive sales plan by segment and individual; make sure compensation plans drive desired behavior
- Deliver reports on the sales teams execution; proactively address any variances to plan
- Monitor overall sales pipeline and market segment pipelines to ensure a high probability for quarterly revenue achievement
- Be an exemplary brand champion and work closely with Marketing to maximize brand awareness and lead generation possibilities
- Build and foster creative teams to innovate and maximize productivity
- Regularly present plans and vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Form tight relationships with customers to ensure market opportunities are identified
- Monitor regional competitors and provide feedback to global marketing and product teams
- Overall management of sales team activity
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience building and leading high performing sales teams that have driven strong MoM growth
- 10+ years pf experience in enterprise sales
- Experience in life sciences strongly preferred
- A highly motivated consultative sales leader with a proven track record of success in sales and management of high-velocity teams, Start-up experience preferred
- Natural marketing instincts knows how to drive new business opportunities
- Hands-on, able to succeed in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, mentoring, coaching, planning, and organizational skills
- Ambitious and have a desire to grow within a fast-growing company
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including key benefits like fully covered health insurance (no premiums), equity, and unlimited PTO. We are invested in every employees growth and support professional development that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
We are committed to making Clora an inclusive and diverse organization. Clora is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.