Office Tour Photos
athenahealth is on a growth trajectory and scaling our Technology Enabled Services. Reporting to the SVP Tech Enabled Services, the Vice President of Payer Transactions and Configuration Services will lead efforts to optimize the adoption and effectiveness of claims related transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice(ERA) and Electronic Financial Transactions (EFT) with insurance companies and healthcare transaction clearinghouses as well as optimizing the configuration of RCM customers in athenaNet. The Knowledge and Decision Services (Rules) and Configuration Services (Enrollment) teams will report directly to this leader.
In this role, you will be at the head of a tectonic shift in athenahealths RCM services. You will be building bridges with payers that have never been built before and driving outcomes for an operation that processes 250M claims per-year, collecting over $40billion, on behalf of over 100,000 healthcare providers. This is an opportunity for you to leverage your existing experience in Revenue Cycle Management to deliver best-in-class services in a high impact, emerging function at a rapidly growing Healthcare Technology company.
Are you the leader that will help us achieve our vision?
If so, you have track record of leading large-scale RCM operations. You maintain extensive knowledge of the health insurance industry, with experience operating in high volume, high complexity claims submissions environments. You are an inspiring manager, able to attract, motivate and retain an industry leading team. You are comfortable working in a fast-moving and evolving environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maximize the potential of electronic payer transactions across the spectrum of the revenue cycle
- Play a key role in increasing the quality and efficacy of proprietary claim submission technology and extending the organizations capability to extend RCM performance using industry standard transactions
- This executive will lead the optimization of client configuration in athenaNet to maximize revenue cycle outcomes and efficiency
- Contribute thought leadership to End to End Revenue service expansion strategy while building and leading the operations organization to execute on service expansion
- Build a high performing team that delivers exceptional business performance and customer outcomes
- Collaborate deeply with Product leadership and R&D
- Identify vendor partners for expanded services
Key Strengths and Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Direct experience with payers and clearinghouses
- Deep Ambulatory Revenue Cycle experience
- Proven leader who has managed and/or consulted to business units with significant cross functional interdependencies, across geographies
- Successful track record of aligning leadership, optimizing management practices and building capabilities that create change and lasting impact
- Collaborative working style, with record of influencing through vision, inspiration and compelling logic
- Record of successful experience leading or consulting to business units with significant cross functional interdependencies, across geographies
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From