Vice President of Product Marketing
Are you a talented, experienced technology professional with a passion for understanding customer needs and launching world-changing software products? We’re looking for a strategic product marketing superstar to build a world-class Product Marketing and competitive analytics function. A natural-born marketer with strong collaboration skills, you’ll be a critical connection point between our product and sales teams, helping influence product strategy and owning go-to-market planning and campaign execution.
The ideal candidate will have a record of success in B2B SaaS software product marketing and work enthusiastically with colleagues across the organization to influence product, create global demand and help our sales people sell more effectively. Reporting to the CMO, you have the experience, energy and commitment to own the end-to-end product launch process across our portfolio. From crafting differentiating messaging and positioning to enabling our A+ sales team, you’ll be a critical team leader driving Workhuman®'s success. This role offers a competitive salary and equity package.
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer, closely partnering with Product Management, Demand Generation and Sales teams
Location: Framingham, MA
What You will be Doing:
Messaging & Positioning – Be the expert on Workhuman®’s buyers. Gain a deep understanding of who they are, their needs and how they buy. Use this knowledge to create messaging that resonates with our target buyers and positions Workhuman® to win.
- Product Launches – Create and execute on go-to-market plans for new products and features, including messaging, tools and training for sales.
- Competitive/Market Intelligence– Gather and analyze market and competitive information to create actionable intelligence for Sales and other stakeholders.
- Sales Enablement– Communicate and train Sales on the value of our solutions. Create world-class sales tools to support every stage of the selling process, including positioning playbooks, presentations, collateral, case studies, demos, etc.
- Market Strategy– Assess market opportunities and develop strategies for addressing new and existing targets
- Audit industry landscape and devise competitive strategy and positioning
- Act as the voice of the customer
- Work closely with the Product Management organization to collaborate on and communicate product strategy, definition, capabilities and updates/enhancements
- Work closely with SME’s in key area to develop and deliver product marketing materials, field training and content marketing assets
- Engage and have the ability to influence with senior product and executive leadership team to define and establish strategic product investments (influence product development)
- Communicate product value to internal stakeholders and customers
- Oversee competitive intelligence and analysis
- Prior responsibility for revenue contribution, and a demonstrated ability to meet targets
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 15+ years of experience in technology product marketing, with at least 5 years in a field-facing role
- B2B SaaS and HR industry experience required
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams and exercise “soft power” to achieve outcomes
- Ability to influence and inspire executives and senior leadership teams
- Strong ability to inspire and coach as a leader with a drive to professionally grow teams
- Experience creating “game-changing” product marketing strategies grounded in market and product knowledge
- Strong market strategy and analytical experience
- A clear, concise writing style and proven ability to translate “tech speak” into powerful client benefits
- Demonstrated experience building high performance and creative sales/marketing tools and content
- A great communicator with strong presentation and verbal communications skills
- Instinctive, natural-born marketer who also understands the value of data and facts
- Well versed in great marketing techniques, social platforms and new ways to engage audiences
- Demonstrated thought leadership
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.