Vice President of Product Management
As the Vice President of Product Management, you will be a driving force within the leadership team in defining and executing Workhuman®’s product development and strategy. This is a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with many of our key business units in meeting product growth objectives through new product rollouts and offerings. To truly excel in this role, you must have proven experience in the Enterprise Cloud-Based, SaaS industry and ideally in the world of Human Resources. Experience working in a B2C environment selling to the consumer market but with proven ability to also oversee B2B would be an advantage. You will be globally responsible for developing a clear product roadmap in order to deliver our newest product innovations from concept to release across Workhuman®’s product line, with a specific focus on social capabilities, mobile solutions, big data analytics, and employee experiences. You will be leading the Product Management team by sharing your vision and advocating a culture of innovation, determination, imagination, and respect.
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Framingham, MA or Dublin, Ireland
What You will be Doing:
- Prioritizing by value. Develop, design, and implement product and market aligned with business goals and backed by robust data and quantitative research.
- Influencing and aligning strategic direction. Working effectively with cross-functional teams in order to gain agreement between product managers, developers and engineers and then harness their expertise in order to deliver an exceptional product.
- Empowering your Product Managers as they collaborate with internal and external customers in establishing roadmaps, prioritizing initiatives, leading iteration cycles, and scoping, building, and launching new features and improved functionalities.
- Working and partnering closely with Marketing and Sales to shape go-to-market strategies.
- With a B2C mindset, supported by research, determining how best to position the product in order to appeal to and empower the end consumer.
- Overseeing competitive research, landscape, and technology changes.
- Understanding customer use cases and aligning the product management strategies.
- Engaging customers and partners for collecting product feedback.
- Developing a long-term product roadmap that will galvanize the organization and encourage customer to bring humanity back into their HR solutions.
- Acting as the customer advocate in the development process – guiding the design, usability and functionality of the product.
- Working with other product leaders and the agile development teams to meet product release deadlines. Maintaining a continually-prioritized backlog for the development team.
- Clarifying and driving project commitments and priorities, establishing and maintaining clear chains of accountability, and effectively communicating to project stakeholders.
The Skills You Will Bring:
- 15+ years of successful business leadership contributing to and blending product strategy, product management, and product marketing activities.
- Experience working in an enterprise cloud-based environment with a focus on B2C is highly desired.
- Proven track-record of product innovation changing the dynamics of an existing or emerging market.
- Experience with global software and working in global product management environment.
- HR software experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven ability to set and communicate a vision and inspire and lead cross functional teams to execute against this vision.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence and gather consensus and champion the best ideas.
- Inspiring leadership skills with a passion for coaching and professionally developing people.
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Customer service minded.
- Active participation in client management, sales and marketing opportunities including speaking engagements and serving as product evangelist to clients and in large sales opportunities.
- Passionate, curious with a desire to see opportunities when posed with complex situations or problems.
- Ability to travel 30% both domestically and internationally to clients, partners, Workhuman® offices, and sales opportunities.
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.