Liaison, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and stable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management. enrollment marketing and analytics software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
We seek a leader who will be responsible for strategy and development of Liaison products at an exciting time of high growth within the company and the market.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this role offers high visibility and the opportunity to drive major product successes.
This executive is the ultimate product owner and will drive the vision and roadmap for all products. The Vice President will be responsible for establishing the company’s product development road map; understanding the needs of the company’s diverse set of customers and users and will work closely with the company’s development, sales, marketing and support teams.
This is a key member of the company’s senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will be able to help the organization scale, bringing best-practices from more mature organizations and knowing how to implement those at a high-growth company.
The Vice President of Product Management will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as the visionary of Liaison's future product suite. Define product vision, strategy, and roadmap to meet user needs and market demands.
- Present new product ideas to the leadership team with clearly defined value proposition, market validation, and ROI assessment.
- Be the champion of end-users. Incorporate client and user feedback, including analysis of support calls and tickets to advance the product, improve the user experience and reduce support needs.
- Work closely with clients, sales prospects and internal stakeholders to gather requirements, build use cases, respond to RFPs and manage expectations.
- Track competitive marketplace and industry trends with the goal of developing a product roadmap that keeps the company’s products at the forefront of the industry.
- Conduct market research to understand customer needs, create vision documents for products, and develop prototypes and wireframes to clearly communicate product requirements.
- Work with the balance of senior management to define product, technology, sales and marketing strategies and priorities.
- Work with Marketing to help communicate value of product releases.
- Support marketing efforts through participating in client and press communications.
- With Development leadership, and using agile methodologies, assist in the development cycle.
- Elevate the capabilities of the current product team.
- Lead a geographically diverse team centralizing positions where needed.
- Recruit, retain and develop additions to the team as needed as the company continues to scale.
- Develop long-term product roadmap designed to enter new markets, as well as drive sales of existing products and strengthen the Company’s leading market position.
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with an advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years’ experience in the Software Technology & Development arena and at least 7 years managing product teams.
- 7+ years of product management experience with experience building and launching SaaS-based software solutions.
- The right candidate will have experience working in technology organizations for enterprise clients and must bring process and best practices from Agile, Scrum or similar development environments.
- The position will require significant exposure to and collaboration with major clients, sales prospects, users and stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will be a driven, accomplished product executive with a track record of success conceptualizing, developing and bringing to market innovative software solutions and new feature enhancements to drive sales and entries into new markets.
- Comfortable in high growth organizations.
- Confidential Position Specification Vice President Product Management 5
- A hands-on leader, the ideal candidate will possess experience suited to an entrepreneurial and collaborative growth-oriented environment.
- Fluency in analytics; Ability to demonstrate ROI of a new product initiatives.
- Proven track record and ability to attract and retain A-level talent.
- A proven track record of successful collaboration with engineering, sales, marketing and finance teams.
- Strategic mind-set with a passion for product delivery and user experience.
- A quick learner.
- Technical skills: Strong technical skills and knowledge of SaaS software and enterprise –wide systems. Experienced in agile and scrum development methodologies, and a committed partner to the software development team. Ability to understand technical product feature set.
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies:
- The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills, a high sense of EQ, and a collaborative, customer-centric approach.
- The company’s solutions are B2B2C and the Vice President of Product Management will need to be a creative solution-oriented executive, able to synthesize the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar and comfortable with both working environments and adept at synthesizing the two.
- Achievement Drive: Competes against the standard of excellence. Sets clear priorities and acts decisively to pursue critical objectives. A self-starter, motivated to move thoughtfully and quickly.
- Commitment to Quality: Conveys a sense of personal pride and passion for in providing the highest levels of technical direction, innovation and service to the organization and its customers. Delivers world-class, defect-free, complete and easily usable products.
- Communication Skills: Adeptly synthesizes key concepts and cogently communicates even the most complex messages in a manner suited to a range of audiences. Presents arguments logically, rationally and convincingly. Utilizes interpersonal skills to influence desired outcomes and minimize unintended or negative impacts.
- Leadership, Teamwork and Collaboration: Works in partnership with others, dismantles silos and reaches across business and functional lines to build collaborative, enduring partnerships.
- People Management: Develop, inspire and coach the team. Provides clear direction and opportunities for growth. Delegates effectively and provides constructive feedback. Invests in the development of individuals and teams. A track record and ability to attract and retain top talent and build highly effective teams.
- Learning Orientation: Shows a strong desire to know more about the business, its products, its opportunities and its customers. Asks a series of probing questions to get to the root of a situation or problem.
- Key Attributes: Positive mental attitude. Diplomatic. Driven. Humble. Honest. Plain spoken. Take-charge. Good listener. Good sense of humor.
- High Integrity: A person of integrity for whom ethics are at the center of all that is important.
- Team player, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker with strong conceptualization skills.