Vice President, Product Management
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcoves cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web development. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you!
Our Product Management team is looking for a dynamic team player with strategic vision and focus to lead Brightcoves product strategy into its next phase of growth. Our ideal candidate will have in-depth market and product knowledge, extensive product management experience, strong leadership skills, and an ability to collaborate with executive-level professionals. This person will be responsible for managing, developing and delivering a compelling product portfolio for Brightcove while providing direction and mentorship to the Product Management team. They are a product leader who is passionate about customer success and making
things better. This person will be a strong leader and business partner with all stakeholders across the organization, focused on driving results through an innovative product roadmap.
- Own the translation of the company vision and strategy into a product strategy and roadmap with a cohesive platform design
- Define and implement the Product Management organizational structure and processes for the execution of strategy and product ideation
- Transform ideas into actionable concepts, projects, timelines, etc. considering financial implications, marketing needs and business objectives
- Establish a cohesive aesthetic experience through intuitive design in partnership with external and internal resources
- Track competitive marketplace and industry trends with the goal of developing a product roadmap that keeps the companys products at the forefront of the industry
- Define software release, product roadmap priorities, and provide resource allocation plan guidance
- Work with product development leadership to enable Agile methodologies to accelerate the development cycle
- Create and manage a process that drives toward a predictable, scalable product portfolio that is integrated and drives profitability
- Develop a strong collaborative partnership with the Engineering organization
- Build on the strength of the Product Management team and develop a high-performing group through comprehensive talent planning and career management of senior product professionals
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations teams to create well-rounded product offerings that drive the company objectives
- 10+ years of product management experience creating compelling enterprise software products
- Experience leading product management in a SaaS/Cloud environment in an organization whose software moves content across the web
- Strong technical aptitude to work with a world-class engineering team and the business sense to drive product goals and strategies
- Expertise in best practices for gathering, prioritizing, scheduling and implementing the requirements of customers, partners, the general marketplace and internal sources
- Extensive knowledge of how best to capture the voice of the customer and continually improve products to satisfy customer needs
- Inspirational leader and team player, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Self-starter who thinks creatively and laterally to create a role that is central to the success of the business
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and detail-oriented, possessing a high EQ and a customer-centric approach
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!