Vice President, Investors Relations and Corporate Development
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is seeking a Vice President of Investors Relations and Corporate Development reporting to our CFO. The position would have dual responsibility to oversee and further expand our interactions with our investor and analyst community and lead our efforts and strategy to source, evaluate, and structure business acquisition and partnership opportunities.
This individual will lead the company's communications strategy with institutional investors, investment bankers and sell-side analysts. They will effectively convey EverQuotes strategy and operating progress as well as deliver company messaging to key audiences. In partnership with our executive team, this individual will help shape our organic and inorganic growth strategy through market research and analysis. They will develop and execute a corporate development strategy by partnering cross-functionally to source, evaluate and structure acquisitions and partnerships.
- Develop, implement, and manage a strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure fair valuation of the company and accurate understanding of the company story and evolution with both the sell-side and buy-side community
- Refine and convey company messaging through the development of investor-facing communications materials, including investor presentations, corporate announcements, press releases, conference call scripts, and Q&As.
- Grow the investor base and expand relations with institutional investors through direct investor outreach and through relationships with the banking and investor community
- Track and actively manage pipeline of prospective investors
- Plan and attend investor events, conferences, and analyst days.
- Collect and analyze stock ownership data, peer benchmarks and industry statistics.
- Manage earnings release and communication process
- Understand industry trends, operations, and participants to inform organic and inorganic growth strategies
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to develop build / buy / partner analyses based on the company's strategic objectives
- Align corporate development approach and with corporate strategy to build and nurture the corporate development pipeline, including the identification and sourcing of new opportunities
- Lead market research and analysis to assess the industry landscape, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking
- Develop, implement and maintain corporate development processes and decision-making frameworks
- Lead the transaction execution process from end-to-end, including cross-functional business due diligence, third-party due diligence, deal structuring, financing and negotiation
- Ten or more years of work experience with the majority spent within investment banking, sell-side research, or corporate development.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate business strategies
- Substantial track record of M&A closing experience and business partnership experience
- Experience working with public company investors and analysts
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets, with established relationships and a strong reputation in them
- A clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company's operating and financial performance and the resulting value for its stock
- An in-depth understanding of strategic communication
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and the ability to create top notch presentations and materials
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills to related to complex financial transactions
- Bachelor's degree required. Top tier MBA is a plus
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
- Even as weve become a public company, were committed to maintaining our startup feel, (but with none of that startup anxiety)
- We employ completely data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more