Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow at a rapid pace. With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
The VP Hardware Engineering will lead a team of hardware engineers working to develop our next generation IoT beverage machines, from R&D and prototyping through to manufacturing. This is a key role on Bevis management team, reporting to our CEO, and collaborating closely with our heads of product, software, and manufacturing.
Bevi is just scratching the surface of the beverage market with our first product, and we need to develop a wide array of machines capable of producing nearly any beverage at the point of use even drinks that dont yet exist in todays bottled beverage supply chain.
Your primary goals and responsibilities will be to:
- Build and manage a world class team of product development engineers across mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering.
- Create products people will love: deliver great quality, reliability, usability and aesthetics.
- Define our technology strategy and lead our research efforts to deliver new capabilities into the product development process.
- In partnership with our program managers, deliver new features while meeting BOM and quality targets.
- Build and manage our beverage development team and external resources.
- Define our IP strategy, taking the lead on patent filings.
- In partnership with product management, decide which engineering competencies to build in house vs. outsource.
- Participate in weekly management team meetings to help shape Bevis overall direction, and ensure technology strategy is integrated with business strategy.
You will immediately take over a team of 12 talented and dedicated engineers, with budget to add employees throughout 2020. Our goal is that you develop current and new employees into a truly world-class interdisciplinary technology team via investments in new capabilities, tools, infrastructure, and partnerships.
You will bring:
- 10+ years of experience taking complex electromechanical products and/or consumer electronics to market as a mechanical, electrical, robotics, or systems engineer. 5+ of those years in a management role.
- Passion for Bevis environmental mission, and excitement for the opportunity to reimagine and reinvent a multi-billion dollar industry.
- A track record of successfully partnering with product management teams to take products from concepts through to successful launches.
- Top-notch critical thinking and technical troubleshooting skills. Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves and get hands-on with design reviews and problem solving.
- Strong people management and coaching skills. The capacity to draw out and develop the best work from every engineer.
- Experience successfully recruiting great engineers, preferably in a high-growth venture-backed start-up.
- The ability to define and pursue an IP strategy, especially in a crowded patent landscape.
- Strong understanding of quality control and manufacturing products at the scale of 1,000-50,000 annual units.
- Experience maintaining great UX and industrial design, even when challenged by other requirements.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!
More Jobs From