Vice President of Finance, EF International Language Schools (ILS) North America
Vice President of Finance, EF International Language Campuses (ILC) North America
Cambridge, MA, USA
EF is searching for a talented leader to join our team who can envision business opportunities, proactively resolve challenges and energize a team!
The Vice President of Finance for our EF International Language Campuses is based in EFs North American Headquarters located in Cambridge, MA and reports directly to the CFO of EF Language based in Zurich, Switzerland. The role supports several EF senior global leaders on a daily basis.
As VP of Finance, you would oversee all financial activities for EFs 14 International Language Campuses in North America as well as EFs International Academy based in Thornwood, NY and Pasadena, CA which is set to open in 2020. You will also support the companys recruitment of English teachers for EFs China-based online learning platform.
This position is responsible for the successful financial operations of 11 legal entities (10 in the U.S. and one in Canada). The VP of Finance serves as a strategic business partner to several business leaders including two VPs of Operations in Cambridge, the Senior Vice President of Online Teacher Services located in Switzerland and the 14 School Directors throughout North America.
The VP of Finance acts as the most senior financial representative for EFs Language division in the U.S., and frequently liaises with North American General Counsel, U.S. Shared Services (Payroll, HR, etc.), as well as European counterparts.
The EF International Language Campuses (ILC) operation in North America consists of 11 schools in the United States (Boston, Boston Executive, New York, Washington DC, Miami, Chicago, San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Seattle and Honolulu) as well as three schools in Canada (Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria). In addition to the schools, EF has a promotion company based in Boston, MA that facilitates sales for both the U.S. and Canadian markets.
The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Management of a team of professionals based in Cambridge, MA
- Lead the ILC Finance department including financial closing processes and preparation of audited financial statements
- Coordinate external and internal audits
- Maintain proper corporate governance of the legal entities
- Engage in effective tax planning and preparation of companies tax filings
- Financial planning & analysis supporting EF Group Financial Reporting & Forecasting
- Act as a business partner to EF ILC business leaders providing forecasting and budgetary assistance, return on investment analysis for strategic initiatives, cash management solutions, compliance and risk management supports as well as other special projects and training as required on an ad-hoc basis