Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 600 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
The VP of Finance (FP&A) will report to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer, serve as a key leader in the finance organization, and oversee all global aspects of the company's financial planning functions, including Financial Planning & Analysis and Business Analytics. This position will be focused on the continuous improvement of financial tools, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with the company's rapid growth. The VP of Finance will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate global business decision-making
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis organization and partner with the leadership team, both regional and corporate, to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Oversight of the financial planning tools and technology, including driving the enhancement roadmap in partnership with our financial systems team.
- Prepare a reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the companys annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the company, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Providing advice to the CFO and other senior management about the financial performance of the company, including recommendations for action.
- Preparing executive presentations, including financial reporting, comprehensive business analyses and recommendations to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Assuring the development and maintenance of an effective internal control structure within respective areas of responsibility, including internal controls over the financial statement close process.
- Leading, motivating, developing and retaining a high quality team.
- 15+ years of progressive corporate finance management roles in high growth, multi-national companies.
- Experience in financial planning for a global enterprise, financial & economic modeling and analysis, and capital planning/treasury exposure.
- Extensive financial planning experience, as well as a solid track record in related areas such as financial reporting, project financial analysis, strategic planning and corporate development within a global entity.
- Experience leading, motivating and mentoring/growing teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major is required. An MBA or Master's degree is a benefit.
- Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Capable of quickly establishing credibility.
- Intelligent, with excellent analytical and strategic skills. Good business judgment and problem solving skills.
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics.
- Extremely well organized and objective oriented.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
More Jobs From