Office Tour Photos
Reporting directly to the Global CTO, the Vice President of Engineering, Global Services and Modern SaaS Practices is a highly visible role that will oversee the development and adoption of shared/global services and modern SaaS practices enablement (CI/CD, public cloud) used by all brands and products at Endurance.
As a core member of the global Product Delivery Leadership Team, you will be expected to be well versed with emerging technologies and SaaS trends as well as being a very strategic thinker.
Exceptional software development is a leading reason why Endurance International Group is an industry leader in helping small businesses succeed online. Utilizing a strong aptitude for energizing and managing people, a successful candidate will have a take-charge personality and be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
What Youll Do:
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking workplace environment
- Drive recruiting and the professional development of developers on team
- Help teams scope and create project plans around key business initiatives
- Reinforce developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
- Verify that systems and practices are compliant to internal and external specifications
- Strategic Planning
- Jointly own the development and execution of EIGs target state architectures and team structure, working closely with the business and tech leadership
- Create, implement, and document strategic architecture vision and tactical directions for engineering teams
- Establish strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology leaders in the capacity of a trusted advisor
- Engage business and process owners and lead the collaborative planning effort to leverage emerging technologies for addressing strategic enterprise goals
- Establish data management strategies and policies in conjunction with various functional teams
- Collaborate with the divisional financial officers to monitor budget forecasting and variance and ensure overall operations and projects are on track and within budget
- Recruit, retain and build teams across various technology functions
- Manage engineering & development organization for global projects across various technologies
- Create and implement team's annual deliverables/objectives, performance goals, and empower them to deliver on EIGs strategic priorities and objectives
- Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, other peer groups, and across EIG
- Conduct and lead applicable governance and project status review meetings
- Create a collaborative partnership among executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 15+ years of experience leading and inspiring large teams, with demonstrated ability to work across a global matrix; with ability to put strong communication, leadership and influencing skills to work
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role managing product portfolios across multiple geographies
- An active listener with the demonstrated ability to proactively and confidently engage with global key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business and evolving technical needs
- Develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Scrum and agile enthusiast along with understanding of other methodologies including Kanban
- Technically savvy and able to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, and strategies; with experience in performing technical and business tradeoffs between technologies
- Extended experience in implementing company-wide shared services, CI/CD, and cloud initiatives
- Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve conflicts
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Travel upon request
Why Youll Love Us:
- Love fitness? So do we! Enjoy our free fitness center, just a short stroll away, and outdoor yoga all summer long.
- We know youre more than what you do from 9-5. Whether you cant learn enough about Ayurveda, or prefer to spend free time walking shelter dogs at your local animal rescue, we support however you fuel your passion when youre not fueling our brands. Our employees use our products for free (or at deep discount!) to help them refine their passion projects.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated. Daily breakfasts, healthy snacks, flavored seltzer dispensers, and lunch every Friday. And dont miss our bar with four rotating taps and Willy Wonka style candy counter.
- We volunteer. A lot. Through partnerships with local charities like Rosies place, Junior Achievement, and Lazarus House, our teams are routinely out in our community giving back and doing good.
- Plentiful parking. Park further away to get your steps, or as close as you can to the entrance - it doesnt matter to us, because theres plenty of free onsite parking and electric car charging stations.
- Stretch your legs. We have stand up desks, and if youre really motivated, you can do a few miles on the treadmill desks. We have communal seating to work and chat if you need a fresh view. Go ahead, get moving!
- Weve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you!
More Jobs From