OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
Were seeking a transformative Vice President of Engineering to lead our talented team to the next level of growth. This role will participate in company strategy and vision, along with mentoring and guiding the engineering team to its full potential. We need a leader that has the experience to manage our product vision through excellence in execution. You'll partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions while driving accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into business results.
- Oversee the development, delivery, and transformation of platforms & products by establishing and consistently executing on product strategies and in alignment with a dynamic product roadmap
- Build and foster a culture of engineering excellence and accountability capable of producing best-in-class engineering products with a focus on team, quality, agility, trust, and timely delivery
- Drive modern engineering principles and practices by implementing relevant techniques, processes, and best practices
- Establish and maintain metrics, goals, and quality standards
- Form partnerships with key functions and senior leaders from across the organization
- Demonstrated history of leadership with the ability to drive the recruitment, development, and performance of a world-class distributed engineering team
- Expertise with modern, large-scale data engineering using cloud native architectures
- Ability to lead the development of resilient, high-performing platforms that process significant data loads
- Excellent technical communication skills and the ability to effectively inform all levels of the organization
- Ability to form and articulate a strategy for platform modernization along with cultivating the buy-in necessary to execute
- Experience working in and leading an Agile software development organization
- Experience leading a domestic and globally distributed engineering team
- Knowledge of security practices and systems required to manage highly sensitive data
- Track record of effectively aligning engineering practices with organizational strategy to deliver business results
- Experience with developing data systems at scale, using technologies such as Apache or Databricks Spark and large-scale, cloud-based data warehousing systems
- Experience with modern web development technologies
- Interest in implementing incremental and forward-looking technology strategies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline required; advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in software engineering with a minimum of 5 years in a broad technical leadership role
- Experience in healthcare technology required, and experience with Big Data technologies strongly preferred
- Experience with leadership in growth stage environments preferred
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Direct applicants only - No agencies.