Quick Base: Vice President, Design
Office Tour Photos
Quick Base Overview
Quick Base helps companies delight their customers, enrich their employees, and make the world a better place to live by being faster and more innovative. We’re the #1 leader in low-code development platforms. Our platform enables non-technical business professionals to build powerful software applications—in minutes—to drastically streamline their work. Quick Base has broad adoption, with over 6000 companies, including over 50 of the Fortune 100 as customers. And we are growing fast.
VP of Design
We need a VP of Design to inspire, build, and empower teams to design effective solutions to complex problems. This role will be instrumental in driving product strategy and ensure that our users are represented in a design-led approach to product development. Deliver incredible, cross-functional results by partnering with product management, engineering, sales, customer success, training, analytics, marketing, and other leaders across our business. Guide Quick Base toward world-class experiences at every stage of a customer’s journey.
This role requires a strategic and creative thinker who cares about building strong relationships inside and outside the design studio and can work closely with all parts of the business to champion compelling product experiences. This person can provide individual projects with thoughtful leadership while not losing sight of the broader goal to create integrated experiences for the customer.
The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative leader who thinks with the pragmatism of a product manager, the rationale of a developer, and the creativity of a designer. This person knows when to be hands-on and when to step away. We need someone with a passion for evangelizing design and inspiring others through imaginative storytelling.
- Evangelize, foster, and deliver a shared product experience vision.
- Reinforce a design-driven culture that leverages the best product, technology, and innovative talent.
- Listen to customers, understand the product direction, and make informed decisions based on a clear set of experience-based goals.
- Recruit and nurture best-in-class talent, building upon and growing a user experience team comprised of interaction design, visual design, content design, and UX research.
- Cultivate a culture of translating insights from customer research into product direction.
- Champion the value of UX and the resulting positive customer outcomes.
- Promote a cross-functional design culture that is inclusive of product management, engineering, marketing, and customer support.
- Make hard decisions and be accountable for them.
- 15+ years of experience in designing user experience with 7+ years specifically leading UX teams.
- A history of developing partnerships across the executive team and cross-functional peers to set strategy, priorities, and resourcing.
- Deep knowledge and passion for user experience. Background as a product designer, interaction designer, user researcher, or similar role as applies to software design.
- Master's or equivalent degree in design, HCI, human factors, or related field, or equivalent professional experience in the design field.
- Demonstrated experience setting UX vision and innovation, with the ability to lead a team to execute against and optimize, across a portfolio of products, projects and teams simultaneously.
- Effective, persuasive communicator with excellent presentation and storytelling skills.
- Skill and experience connecting design goals to key business metrics.
- Ability to communicate strategic plans and the rationale behind them.
More Jobs From