Vice President, Data and Analytics
The Vice President, Data and Analytics will be responsible for establishing a center of excellence which focused on data analytics. Working with the business and technical leaders of Bottomline, this role will help define and execute the data strategy and data management plan in order to create value for our customers. The VP Data and Analytics will be responsible for both the technical implementation as well as enabling the business to create new product offerings centered on data.
The Vice President, Data and Analytics will be an experienced leader who can successfully operate in a fast pace environment to enable accelerated and optimized delivery of our products and innovation to our customers, while also providing strategic technical and business direction to maintain our growth and scale.
This role will work across multiple product teams, functional groups, lines of businesses, and geographies to develop continuous integration capabilities across the enterprise. The candidate will identify opportunities within each of our business areas where we can provide customer insights, market benchmarking, and business intelligence. This role will require strong leadership, a commercial view toward the business, and a track record of delivering market leading and innovative SaaS solutions that delight our customers through the use of data. The ability to influence product and go to market teams are keys to your success.
The candidate will have a wide range of experience working with modern SaaS technologies to produce new products and service offerings into existing and new markets. Excellent communications, interpersonal, and written skills are required. The ability to produce results through strong program management, identifying and removing constraints, and a resiliency to win are critical aspects of the role. You will interact directly with customers and be responsible for managing vendors and partners.
- Set the direction and manage the Bottomline Data Center of Excellence
- Work across business areas to define products and services centered on data and analytics which can be sold to existing customers and new markets
- Define and implement an overall data management plan across Bottomline’s products
- Provide tools and training to product development and operations teams in order for those teams to create new products and services centered around data
- Work closely with cloud operations, cloud architecture, security, innovation teams and other centralized teams to align our technical strategy to enhance access to data through a common set of interfaces
- Maintain set of metrics that measure business value with an effective data center of excellence practice
- 10+ years of experience working in data analytics, including creating new product offerings, implementing data governance, and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable data innovation across an organization
- Experience managing analytics teams & creating data strategies to drive business value across multiple domains and markets
- Strong understand of cloud business processes with hands-on experience in AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of working in a regulated environment and ability to navigate through strict regulatory environments
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment where you can motivate teams to be aligned under the single objective in an efficient and effective way
- Ability to communicate at the team and executive levels, risks, and change management in a clear and concise manner
- Strong understanding of data warehouse design principles
- Familiarity with major relational and Nosql database technologies
- Proven Data Governance track record with an emphasis on data policies, standards, and processes design, administration and compliance monitoring
- Strong experience with Data Integration, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence program development and implementation
- Strong knowledge in data management best practices and current leading developments in the data analytics field.