Office Tour Photos
Chewy is looking for a Vice President, Corporate Systems to join our team in our Boston, MA location. This person will be responsible for leading the project delivery and ongoing management of our enterprise applications across the Corporate functions of Chewy. This driven and talented individual will work with a cross-functional team to manage the overall technology portfolio and deliver forward thinking creative solutions in a collaborative environment. This is a leadership role with direct interactions with C-Level Executives and their leadership teams, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. The team is comprised of developers, Project Managers and Business Analysts and works closely with other cross functional teams in IT, HR, Finance and Business.
What Youll Do:
- Drive: Develop and drive the accountability of business objectives and enabling IT initiatives.
- Provide project/program facilitation and oversight; facilitate agreement on objectives and success measures, provide overall project/program issue resolution and roadblock removal.
- Ensure timely and consistent communication to facilitate a clear understanding of ongoing projects and their prioritization within the organization
- Partner with Corporate and IT Leadership in development of long-term technology roadmap.
- Lead and organize efforts to continuously maintain the Corporate Technology portfolio including the definition of agendas, materials, review cycles, timelines, etc.
- Partner closely at the Vice President and Director levels to support key areas of work that focus on highest priorities, including suggesting and managing the best time allocation and use of group meetings.
- Connect: Inspire trust and build strong, authentic, productive relationships within the Technology team and with key stakeholders. Effectively engage and collaborate with leadership across the organization to develop, define and build on innovative ideas and business priorities.
- Engage broadly and deeply across the organization to quickly connect information and people to drive enterprise projects, programs and initiatives.
- Partner with Corporate stakeholders to understand their drivers and needs, and leverage that knowledge and those relationships to drive effective prioritization and roadmaps for delivery.
- Leverage industry & other external connections to develop best practices and deliver innovative solutions
- Develop: Create an environment of continual improvement both inside and outside of direct team.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and develop as a self-starter requiring little direction. We are looking for someone who shows the potential to do more and is a natural leader.
- Out Front: Anticipate business needs and lead those around you to identify solutions that both improve the employee experience and achieve business objectives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project governance standards, resource management, and project planning for organization-wide and strategy-aligned initiatives.
- Understand the latest trends and innovations in technology to drive solutions forward.
- Re-Imagine: Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to Chewy and this role. Leverage own expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve our business processes and related technology.
- Passion: Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the employee experience, culture, mission and vision. Lead by example and inspire others to follow.
- Ability to drive strategy, vision, direction, and prioritization on enterprise wide projects and programs at the senior leadership level.
- Can manage initiatives from concept through to completion, including the development and presentation of a business case.
- Applies systems thinking to generate new thoughts and opportunities; has ability to build on strategic and innovative thoughts/ideas.
- Informed on industry standards and practices, and a forward thinker on new innovative approaches.
- Ability to socialize and manage a portfolio of projects in support of stated strategic objectives.
- Manage operational business impacts as well as technical components of the program or project.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop and execute a comprehensive QA approach for enterprise wide projects and programs.
- Provide vision and leadership regarding organizational design and resourcing of large, complex and undefined enterprise wide initiatives including all aspects of management from vision through execution.
- Manage enterprise wide programs with complex financial models including internal and external stakeholders and complex contract negotiation.
- Participate in the annual expense and capital budgeting processes & cycles.
- Ability to manage/oversee a significant number of internal and contract resources across multiple projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance to external vendors including influencing product road maps, resourcing, and financial management.
- Ability to work through vendor contract management issues.
What youll Need:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a technology related field
- 15+ years of relevant work experience including proven ability to successfully lead a team as well as oversee critical projects and multi-faceted efforts
- Successful and regular exposure to Director and VP levels within IT and Corporate functions
- Experience presenting to C-Suite
- Consistently demonstrated growth in their own skills & leadership
- Position may require some travel
- Working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in Finance, Accounting, and Procure to Pay business functions
- Experience with one or more of the following applications preferred: Oracle ERP, Workday, Service-Now, Kronos, ADP
- Experience working with Marketing and Merchandising from a technical systems standpoint
More Jobs From