Cotiviti, Inc.: Vice President, Business Development (Cotiviti Retail)
- Drives Business Development Process Identify and convert sales opportunities in new accounts into closed business. Identifies new market/customer opportunities for growth through prospecting, growth and competitive displacement.
- Establish multi-level relationships with potential customer decision makers and meet regularly to manage the sales process and reinforce Cotiviti relationship with the prospects. Maintain a target list of opportunities, update customer profiles and provide accurate forecasts/pipeline tracking within the Cotiviti sales process and CRM.
- Coordinate internal resources like the Center of Excellence (COE) and external contacts to drive new business leads and referrals.
- Develop strategies, budgets and accurate sales forecasts to execute business plans and deliver on commitments.
Creates Value for Prospective Cotiviti Customers
- Invest sufficient time to develop a deep understanding of the prospect’s business strategy and critical business issues.
- Create unique value for prospective customers by seeking to understand their business problems, issues and opportunities in new or different ways.
- Link solutions and Cotiviti resources to identify customer needs and differentiate Cotiviti solutions from competing alternatives.
- Deliver a winning value proposition using customer metrics rather than product features.
- Develop and deliver sales solutions and customer presentations that result in increased sales by consistently and effectively reinforcing the company's value proposition and brand identity in distinctive and compelling ways.
- Optimize the team within the geographic area to ensure complete customer satisfaction from presales through post sales.
- Sales Team Development Drive an agenda to build, train, motivate and manage a high performing business development team. Model and drive accountability within the team for achievement of sales goals.
- Create and drive a sales leadership culture where sales leaders link planning and strategy tools with selling and execution skills. Develop and implement key metrics to drive performance in total customer focus and account development. Utilize performance and talent management tools as core processes for driving performance through ongoing goal setting, results measurement, individual and team development, and talent identification and deployment.
- Team Selling Partner with Strategic Account Managers to ensure effective account transition and post-sales support and COEs. Ensure that new and existing customers are transitioned to Strategic Account Managers in a manner that is non-disruptive to the customer’s operation, delivers on our commitments to them, and retains them as a customer.
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related field required
- Highly motivated individual with 7-10 years of demonstrated success in consultative/solution based selling in a B2B environment within the industry.
- Experience selling at the senior management levels with a proven track record of routinely closing deals that are mutually beneficial to the customer and the Company.
- Proven track record in Sales and Marketing required.
- Possess strong leadership skills, can educate and create a high-performance sales team.
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills, effectively communicate verbally, written and presentation skills.
- Experience with CRMs including MS Dynamics
- Has an excellent command of the selling process and a discipline to follow a sequence of events to close business.
- Ability to travel 40-60% of the time