Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark is seeking a veterinarian to review, edit, and proofread online or printed scientific and medical-related content. As a Veterinary Content Reviewer, you will assist in developing content that helps pet parents provide the best care and ultimately improves the quality and longevity of a dogs life. Through a variety of content, you will maintain the highest standards ensuring that the material is accurate, high-quality, free of factual errors, free of illegal medical advice, and appropriate for the intended audience.
This role is a key step before the growth marketing team can publish content (or provide content to our marketing partners and agencies), such as ads, email newsletters, blog articles, social posts, videos, infographics, and other online information.
- Work with the growth marketing team to deliver content that is delightful to consume, informed by the latest science, and easy for the layperson to understand
- Deliver high-quality content reviews consistently and accurately
- Collaborate with team on content recommendations
- Review, maintain and help curate medical and health content
- Review, maintain and help curate a list of appropriate source material for content creators
- Proofread, review, and edit documents for accurate use of scientific and medical information
- 5+ years as a practicing small animal veterinarian
- DVM/VMD required with genetics training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for improving the lives of dogs
- Tech-savvy - i.e. Google Suite
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Core understanding of fear-free practices
What We Offer
- Work from home until summer 2021 with option for 1-day/week work-from-home after that
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid parental leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.