Cogo Labs: Vertical Support Analyst
At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not venture capitalistswe're a collaborative team of engineers,analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectualcuriosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As a Vertical Support Quantitative Data Analyst, you'll work with each of our incubating companies to help them achieve quick and replicable success. You'll serve as a liaison between the companies executive teams and the Cogo incubator, helping to prioritize, spec, and build the tools that teams need most. Youll have the chance to work on a small team that melds consulting experience and analytical backgrounds in order to create the best possible environment for a growing company. Your expertise, ideas, and hard work will have a direct, immediate, and wide-ranging impact on your stakeholders.
What to expect from Cogo:
- Nearobsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe thatefficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, welldirected analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly asthey can. Today's newgrad hires are tomorrow's leaders.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify theproblems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We takecare of our own, and not just because it's good business.
What we expect from you:
- The desire to work with each of our incubating companies to address and respond to long-term needs and immediate, revenue-impacting projects.
- Flexibility and selfmotivation. We value the willingness to wear many hatsand the commitment to work on whatever needs to get done.
- The ability to make a strong (datadriven) case when presenting findings andrecommendations, while remaining curiousand receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and dedication tohelping your teammates learn.
- Passionsand interests outside of work:you aren't just your resume.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that requiresdeep analytical thinking andproblemsolving. Many of us have Math, Econ, Finance, or Engineeringbackgrounds, but applications from all quantitative fields are welcome.
- Interested in (further) developing technical analysis skills, product and project management skills, or both!
- Aggressive: Driven; moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
- Analytically minded: Data-driven; believes in the value of making decisions on the basis of rigorous, empirical processes
- Articulate: Clearly states project missions, update, decisions, and rationales verbally and in writing
- Enthusiastic: Passionate about work; brings a can-do attitude to all activities
- Entrepreneurial: Track record of good decision-making and eager to take on a wide variety of analytical and business roles and responsibilities
- Flexible: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; enjoys working in and thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Focused on results: biased for action; focused on specific goals and resistant to distraction
- Open to Feedback: Actively asks for advice; eager to receive performance feedback and responds positively to suggestions and constructive criticism
- Ownership: What happens or doesn't happen within your project is your responsibility
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do when appropriate; develops new ideas and self-guides within broader mission
- Self-reflective: Considers work in the context of the entire organization; thinks about self-improvement
- Supportive: Actively helps fellow team members and treats them with respect and kindness
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes to work long hours to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Jobs From