Vertical Sales Strategy Lead
Wayfair is seeking a driven, collaborative, and customer-centric Head of Vertical-Sales Strategy to join our Boston-based B2C Sales leadership team. The Head of Vertical is responsible for developing and executing on strategies that leverage our growing team of product experts to drive massive incremental revenue to Wayfair. In partnership with Category, Marketing, Site Merchandising, our Storefront team, and our operations teams, the Head of Vertical will target specific product categories and help drive full-funnel customer acquisition and phone/chat conversion efforts.
We have a large and growing phone and chat sales channel where we partner shoppers with Wayfair Product Experts to help our customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products (think Mattresses, Plumbing, Custom Upholstery, Flooring).
The Head of Vertical-Sales Strategy reports to the head of growth strategy for B2C Sales. The ideal candidate will be: (a) highly organized and self-motivated; (b) able to work cross-functionally with teams from marketing, merchandising, and operations, as well as, the channel managers within B2C Sales; (c) capable of balancing strategic thinking about the B2C Sales platform with tactical project management and stakeholder management skills; (d) comfortable leveraging influence rather than authority to deliver results in a high-growth, matrixed environment.
- Partner across Wayfair to drive growth of a multi-million dollar expert-driven P&L for broad array of product categories
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Sales Enablement teams to manage a rigorous test-and-learn agenda that will drive step-change results in the growth of key Categories
- Work with B2C Sales colleagues and Storefront deliver best-in-class experiences for customers shopping key verticals
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree; MBA preferred.
- 3 + years post MBA experience
- 10+ years total experience
- Senior presence, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing strategic orientation and operational efficiency to ensure we deliver what is right for the customer.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.