Vertica Sales Operations Analyst
SALES OPERATIONS ANALYST
Micro Focus Vertica (Big Data) Division
Location: Cambridge MA Preferred but open to major US city
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging ITfast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics | DevOps | IT Operations | Cloud | Security | Info Governance
We are looking for a talented sales operations analyst to join Vertica, the Big Data Analytics division of Micro Focus, based out of our Cambridge or Sunnyvale offices.
We need someone who can take on a lot of responsibility, needs a minimal amount of day-to-day supervision, and knows how to add value to the sales organization in a variety of ways. Ideally, you will have 3+ years of sales operations experience, a strong working knowledge of Salesforce, the ability to grasp new processes and technologies quickly, and who can provide a stellar level of service to the sales and sales leadership organization.
You will be a vital part of the growing Vertica sales organization and will be counted on to help the sales team be more effective and focused on driving greater sales success.
- Communicates tactical process decisions and plans, project status, and issues and workarounds, to achieve alignment with relevant areas of the business, function, or region.
- Leads internal projects with medium to high complexity and risk, provides feedback on projects, and conducts post-project evaluations.
- Represents the needs of the business, function, or region on an ongoing basis to drive process improvements.
- Collaborates with operational teams and business stakeholders to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes, and understand business/customer impact.
- Uses and assists others in using standard project management and quality improvement methodologies in process improvement approaches.
- Establishes processes which are consistent with overall organization objectives and maintains process documentation.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- 3+ years of sales operations experience or related experience.
- 3+ years of strategy or project management experience.
- Sales experience and communications certifications are a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of company operational processes, industry trends, and customer/partner requirements.
- In-depth understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., written, verbal, presentation), leadership, and influence skills.
- Strong business experience in multiple process areas with excellent project management and process development skills; ability to drive process improvements using industry standard quality improvements tools and concepts.
- Strong project management skills such as planning, execution, and implementation.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. Were a pure-play software company we have a level of focus that other technology companies dont have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is globalwe have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status