Our Vehicle Integration Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by working on technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional engineers to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our technology. Are you interested in influencing the form-factor of a vehicle of the future? Do you enjoy working on prototypes? If the answers are yes, were looking for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Repair, maintain, calibrate, test, and validate electrical and mechanical systems
- Collaborate with Electrical, Mechanical, and Systems Engineers to develop technical solutions related to the operation and performance of autonomous vehicle systems
- Bring-up autonomous vehicle system and verify its functionality and performance to make it suitable for on-road operations
- Triage, troubleshoot, and repair failures of autonomous vehicle hardware
- Track the status of retrofits and upgrades to vehicles
- Perform sensor calibrations, software upgrades, firmware updates, hardware changes
- Inspect and maintain equipment using debugging tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, Vector CAN analysis software and tools, and PC-based diagnostic software
- Certifying autonomous vehicle readiness for daily R&D usage
- Design Experiments (DoE), develop test plans & perform root-cause analysis with issues presented to the team
- Author, update, and maintain documentation related to system configuration and current config sets.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or related field
- Highly skilled in diagnosing automotive and robotic systems
- Must have experience working in a Linux terminal troubleshooting environment
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Proficiency in working with Docker, Python, and bash
- Ability to troubleshoot computers, software and network infrastructure
- Proficient in communicating with other technicians, software engineers, and executives
- Proficient utilizing communication and standard office software suites
Bonus points (not required):
- Working knowledge of Atlassian feature set including JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of programming languages (JAVA, C++, etc)
- Knowledge of modern automotive diagnostic procedures and systems
- Experienced with computer system architecture, lidars, radars, cameras, CAN bus, and data networks
- Proficiency or exposure to SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD
- QC, QA, and IPQC experience
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From