Looking for the next step in your career? How does this sound: a high-impact role at a fast-growing startup in a brand new, rapidly emerging tech category disrupting the largest asset class in the world? We dont always use buzzwords, but in this case, they apply.
Real estate touches where every person lives, works and plays but until recently, tech was largely untouched in this industry. Now, real estate is becoming a user experience business, and companies building property technology (also known as proptech) are seeing massive opportunities to enhance the physical world.
At HqO, we are building a tenant experience platform that is already used in millions of square feet of commercial real estate across the US. The leading property owners and operators in the world are partnering with us on our mission to connect tenants to the places, experiences, and people that enrich where they live, work, and play.
There are many ways to describe our team. We work hard. We're smart and passionate about the company we're building. We stay humble. We're obsessed with our customer. Oh, and we're very funny. Whether it's during our weekly lunch & learns, happy hours, coffee talks, or just an average day in the office, we always find time to make work fun. We eat our own dog food by creating a place that WE love.If you work with us, you will always be learning, improving, and teaching.Want to help us create places people love?Lets talk.
What you will do
- Help drive the design process through concept development, validation, Lo-Fi wireframing and final Hi-Fi interface designs.
- Lead and participate in design brainstorms and reviews, both within autonomous product units and alongside your fellow design peers.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to translate business and client needs into beautifully simple in-app experiences.
- Help build, document and organize the UI components of our design system.
- Be among the first members of the Design Team here at HqO, where you will directly help to shape how the team operates and grows!
What you bring
- You have 2-5 years of experience with end-to-end product design for both mobile and web.
- You are masterful in Sketch and have experience with Invision.
- You are obsessed with simplicity.
- Thoughtful typography, proper padding and the most subtle touch of perfectly placed color and imagery fills you with irrational excitement.
- You have a readily accessible portfolio and youre super proud of it!
- You can thoughtfully plan and diagram experience flow maps, then turn those into beautifully simple Hi-Fi interface designs.
- You can bounce back and forth between cross platform experiences and interfaces (Web, iOS, Android).
- You constantly crave pixel perfection but understand the importance of speed, deadlines and iteration. Perfectly balanced... as all things should be.
- You have experience designing print and digital creative with Adobe CS tools.
- You have basic knowledge of development principals (CSS, HTML, Native iOS).
Learning and teaching is an important part of the culture here at HqO. We will encourage you to try new things and expand your horizons. We want you to mentor and teach others about what you have learned. We are constantly learning how to do things better through retrospection.
Be passionate about what you are doing. What was exciting for you last month? What stuff do you want to try next month? You are always encouraged to step back and think about what drives you.
Move fast. We are an early stage company in a new industry. Lets harness all of your ideas to make this into an awesome business!
- Equity opportunity in an early stage startup
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Great location near South Station
Equal Opportunity Employer
HqO is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.