Office Tour Photos
Cultural Care Au Pair is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join our growing team. In this position you'll have a major impact on the customer journey for both Au Pairs and the Host Families as you help us re-imagine the way they connect, match and build a relationship. You will utilize a variety of methods and problem-solving tools and collaborate across teams to define useable, useful and delightful end-to-end user experiences for Cultural Care's ecosystem of websites.
As part of this truly global team, youll work out of our Cambridge office, but interface regularly with our team in Zurich, Switzerland.
If you are passionate about solving user problems and are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
Who you are:
You are deeply committed to creating a beautiful customer experience. Your design approach is user-centered and you absolutely love talking to customers it's at the core of what you do. You excel at explaining the customer perspective to stakeholders and developers and you crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs while taking into account technical feasibility.
You're very comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders, running workshops, breaking down complex requirements and user journeys, compiling research and creating the building blocks for a successful project. This might include Personas, Wireframes, customer journey maps, user flow diagrams, wireframes and clickable prototypes and whatever other tools and methods you have in your tool belt.
What you'll do:
- Find balance between technology, customers and stakeholders, ensuring that everyones needs are met and reflected in the final product
- Work with product owners, customers and stakeholders to develop personas, user stories, wireframes, customer journeys and clickable prototypes
- Conduct user research and engage with end users in user testing to verify your hypotheses to ensure that the needs of our users and customers are met above all else
- Identify and propose solutions to usability issues
- Present your designs and concepts to internal stakeholders with confidence
- You will be doing lots of sketching, wireframing, site mapping, and user flowing in order to make your ideas a reality.
- Collaborate with developers to implement user stories and turn designs into working prototypes and fully functioning products
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing and working on front-end, digital UX and UI with a portfolio of projects to show for it
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies
- Deep understanding of current web standards and best practices, and an insatiable desire to stay on top of whats happening in the digital design space
- Experience with multiple user research methods such as lean research, surveys and usability testing
- Comfort presenting designs both formally and informally
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy solving complex problems with elegant design
- Acts as a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication across a global organization
- Willingness to travel internationally
Let's talk about the perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
- $1,500 for professional development/continued education each year
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Complimentary in-house language and fitness classes
- Sunny open-concept office space
- A restaurant and bar right in the building
- Discounts on travel
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
About Cultural Care Au Pair
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host familiesproviding meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
More Jobs From