UX Writer - Enterprise
When someone asks you for directions, are they often relieved by how clearly youve explained where to go? When youre the lead writer on a project, is the information architecture as important to you as the words themselves? Does the sight of a missing Oxford comma drive you crazy?
If you answered Yes! to the above, wed love to meet you.
On our fast-growing Content Strategy team, were seeking a UX Writer to help our cross-functional partners determine the right message to serve up via the right channel, at the right time. A typical day for you may look like enhancing a design with high-quality content, or diving into competitive research and proposing ways to evolve our style guide.
An ideal candidate is not only a strong writer, but a strategic thinker and sought-after collaborator who works well in entrepreneurial environments. If youve ever been called tenacious or a UX evangelist, thats a plus. Were a small team in a big org, and youll be relied on to consistently and persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our users.
What youll do
- Execute on deliverables like competitive research, content audits, and content models
- Write clear, consistent, and compelling messaging for new and existing product features, including help content, UI elements, and supplier-facing communications
- Partner with engineering, product owners, researchers, and designers to deliver and maintain scalable, effective, and consistent content
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how users interact with our products and tools, and use data to drive content decisions
- Provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative measurements of content usage and effectiveness
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while driving product-specific tone and style standards
Desired skills & experience
- A Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 1-2 years of professional writing experience for internal and/or B2B audiences (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- Experience participating in content strategy deliverables, such as content audits and content inventories
- Ability to think holistically, understanding how design and content work together to provide users with a consistent experience
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, and organizational skills
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to push projects to completion
Note: Please be able to provide 2+ examples of your content writing work or a portfolio that demonstrates your writing skills and thinking process. In the absence of examples, youll be asked to complete a quick writing assessment.