The Sophos UX organization is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our UX team. This position can be based in the UK for our Abingdon office, or in the US for our Burlington office.
Cybersecurity threats increase exponentially every day. IT security products have become as complex as the networks and devices they secure. More people with less training must protect more devices, systems, and networks in their enterprises, businesses, and homes in an increasingly complex world. Making the complex available to people is a UX issue.
The Senior UX Researcher will conduct primary and secondary research and generative and evaluative research across the full range of products at Sophos. They will work closely with our team of UX designers and researcher as part of the UX team.
- Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative research to understand users’ needs and goals for using Sophos products
- Plan and run evaluative testing sessions to identify and prioritize likely problems and blockers to adoption in product UX
- Run research and evaluation activities, observing and capturing insights and themes
- Analyse findings and create reports from research activities, turning data into actionable insights for UX Design and Product Management teams
- Present research findings and recommendations to project stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Dev and the UX team to have an awareness and understanding of product roadmaps, and possible discovery areas
- Working with remote team members across multiple time zones
- At least 8 years of corporate work as a UX research or UX evaluation person or as a UX designer who has carried out research or evaluation as part of their role
- A degree in psychology, behavioral sciences, human factors or equivalent experience
- Experience in design, computer science, related technical field or equivalent experience a plus
- Highly collaborative approach focused on finding solutions that can be implemented by product teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Experience with various methods including remote moderated/unmoderated testing, surveys, jobs-to-be-done, interviews, user observation, usability testing, concept validation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience writing discussion guides, moderating sessions, note taking, analysis, and writing reports
- Keen interest and knowledge of UX principles
- Knowledge and understanding of Personas and their use in research and evaluation
- Capable of deriving meaningful insight and actionable next steps from data
- Passion for problem solving through user-centric design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, eager and fast learning – you do not need to have Cybersecurity experience, but you will learn and become very familiar with cybersecurity as part of your job
- Experience of facilitating workshops including Design Thinking Workshops (nice to have)