Full-Time / Product / Boston
The UX team at GasBuddy is looking to hire a UX researcher to join us in Boston. This is a great opportunity to improve our product and user experience, and to help make research a foundational part of our company and product development culture.
You will work directly with product leadership and our cross-functional product teams to build an understanding of our users behaviors and attitudes, and help identify areas of opportunity to create more valuable and delightful experiences. You'll drive research from start to finish, including identifying research goals and methods, planning, moderating, synthesizing, communicating findings, and helping us apply the research data to everything we do.
In this role youll get to:
- Collaborate with product leadership, product managers, product designers, and engineers to help drive product decisions and direction
- Conduct generative research to explore new opportunities, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once theyve rolled out.
- Work alongside another UX researcher to collaborate on research strategies, find ways to improve our research capabilities, and to divide and conquer the work
- Work with our product analysts and support team to create richer and more holistic insights from our various sources of information
- Conduct research, synthesize data, and report findings to teams and stakeholders
- Help teams use research data throughout the various phases of the design thinking and product development process
- Help build the UX research discipline throughout GasBuddy, including creating standards and best practices, as well as coaching teams on how to conduct research themselves.
What were looking for:
- 3+ years of experience conducting user research within a fast-paced and iterative product environment
- Knowledge and experience with a broad set of research methods, techniques and tools for problem discovery and solution evaluation (e.g. user interviews, field studies, usability studies, card sorting, cognitive walkthroughs, contextual inquiry, etc.)
- Comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- An excellent storyteller and communicator, able to speak to different audiences (business partners, product team members, and other key partners)
- Can work on multiple projects running concurrently in continuous product development environment
- Can inspire and mentor colleagues interested in research as a skill and practice
GasBuddy is a smartphone app connecting drivers with their Perfect Pit Stop. GasBuddy is the leader in crowdsourced information to help drivers find the best gas prices, closest stations, friendliest service, cleanest restrooms, tastiest coffee and much more. GasBuddy is the leading source for the most accurate, real-time fuel prices at more than 140,000 gas stations in the U.S., Canada and Australia. The Companys B2B Retailer Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), known as GasBuddy Business Pages, provide Fuel Marketers and Retailers their best opportunity to maintain their station information, manage their brand, and promote to their target consumer audience. For more information, visit www.gasbuddy.com.
GasBuddy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
To all recruitment agencies: GasBuddy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, GasBuddy employees or any other company location. GasBuddy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.