Were looking for a UX Researcher (UXR) with strong product instincts to help us develop Chewys digital experiences and join our team in Boston, MA.Youll work closely with Data Analytics, Product Design, Product Management, Engineering to help the teams create the best-in-class experiences across platforms, including web, mobile web, mobile apps (iOS, Android) and voice.
An important aspect of the role will be building our community of internal testing participants and establish long-term relationships that improve our overall research process. Youll also creatively acquire participants from outside sources to support our internal network.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the development and executionforall facets ofuserexperienceresearch; including but not limited to planning, participant recruitment/scheduling, asset creation,and analysis/presentation of results.
- Conduct a range of research methods depending on scope and type of project; this can includeusability testing,interviews, contextual field studies, diary studies, card sorts, tree tests, click tests,surveys, and more.
- Determine user research needs and scheduling based oncurrent projects assigned todesigners, product managers, marketers, and engineers.
- Uncover high level strategic research needs that impact different areas of the company and help to execute research projects to fulfill those needs.
- Collect and synthesize insights from customer service representatives.
- Communicate findingsto the right audienceefficiently and effectively.
- Turn insights into actionable recommendationsfor stakeholders.
- Advocate for the user and demonstrate the value of researchacross the organization.
- Empathize with pet lovers and have a passion for improving their experience
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology and/or related degree.
- Aset of case studiesdemonstrating past projects, research findings, and the ability to produce actionable insights.
- Familiarity and experience with a range of user research methods.
- 1-3years of UX or research experience - preferably as part of an in-house digital product team.
- A passion for discovering what makes pet owners tick.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- An ability tojuggleand balance requests from multiple sources.
- Attention to detail and strongforward-thinkingcapabilities.
- E-commerce experience a plus.
- This is not a design position, but an understanding of the processand best practicesis preferred.