UX Research Manager
Were looking for a Manager, UX Research (UXR) with strong product instincts to help us develop Chewys digital experiences and join our team in Boston, MA. As the primary Manager for UXR you will be tasked to help grow the team, and develop the UXR process and best practices. Youll work closely with Data Analytics, Product Design, Product Management, Engineering to help the teams create the best-in-class experiences across platforms, including web, mobile web, mobile apps (iOS, Android) and voice.
An important aspect of the role will be building our community of internal testing participants and establish long-term relationships that improve our overall research process. Youll also creatively acquire participants from outside sources to support our internal network.
What you'll do:
- Define the UXR processes to support cross-functional teams.
- Find talented UX Researchers to support the different teams.
- Oversee the design and administration of usability studies.
- Help guide stakeholder discussions with the appropriate UXR methods to achieve business and design goals.
- Partner with Data Analytics to gather insights.
- Partner with UX Managers on research execution.
- Provide usability session training and feedback for Product Designers.
- Ensure research meets stakeholder satisfaction.
- Always put pets and their parents at the heart of everything you do.
- Identify new research opportunities.
- Comfortable in an agile environment.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in UX, usability, and/or User Research field
- 3+ years of experience in team building and leadership
- 3+ years of experience partnering with cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to teach something - show us your superpower
- 1+ year of experience of UserZoom or similar remote, un-moderated testing platform
- A sense of humor
- An active member of the Boston UX community
- Experience with a prototyping tool like Invision