This role, based at the Constant Contact headquarters in Waltham MA, is for an energetic student that is passionate about users and has a desire to help deliver positive user experiences.
Our team is more than a production crew. We are a fundamental and strategically critical part of the business, a core pillar of the product organization. A world-class team of designers, coders, writers, and researchers we help establish a strategic direction for the company.
We work hard to make the world a better place by helping SMBs survive and thrive in the diverse and ever-changing online ecosystem. Were a close-knit group that sometimes has a little too much fun. Were recovering perfectionists who have learned to fail forward and move fast. Most of all, we love what we do.
What youll do:
- You will collaborate with members of the research and design teams to improve the overall user experience
- Planning and conducting user research studies, such as interviews, remote and in-person usability sessions, surveys, card sorts, etc.
- Assisting ongoing research with note-taking and observation
- You have the ability to write testing scripts, track and manage data, and present findings
- Willingness to help recruit and schedule participants
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in or have just completed a program leading to positions in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or similar area of study. Masters preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Eager to learn.
- Use of online tools such as Userzoom, usertesting.com, Qualtrics, and Optimal Workshop a plus.
- Familiarity with different types of prototyping and development tools is also a plus.
Why youll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021.
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to help the little guy/gals.
- Youll have opportunities to advance. Were fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.