Office Tour Photos
Ellevation has a need for an experienced UX Designer to work with an agile team -- crafting workflows, driving innovation, validating ideas, and iterating throughout to deliver best-in-class user experiences for the educators we serve. A strong UX Designer will take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive workflows that help our users develop confidence that they can accomplish this challenging work on a daily basis. This individual will drive continuous product discovery by anticipating and advocating for user needs, creating interactive prototypes, and validating your assumptions to ensure we are solving the right problems for our customers. This role is not a pixel pusher. They will own the why behind the what in their designs by articulating the hypotheses and rationale for their proposed workflows. They will ensure that designs are backed by sound methodology and concrete data. Successfully spearhead all aspects of design including user research, prototyping, usability testing, visual design, and CSS while collaborate effectively with their product team to ensure the products and features we ship delight customers at every step.
- A portfolio of design work
- 3+ years experience in related field working with web/mobile apps
- Experience leading product design efforts from research and prototyping through validation and implementation
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently without close supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a comfort communicating across different audiences -- from product managers, engineers and internal stakeholders, to technical and non-technical users
- Ability to work in a user-centered design environment while understanding business requirements
- Able to develop interactive prototypes
- Experience conducting usability tests
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- B2B and/or enterprise workflow design experience
- Ability to develop code-based prototypes
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.
More Jobs From