Neurala is looking for a swiss-army-knife of a UX/Product Designer to lead design of our AI Platform. We are looking for someone passionate about understanding the problems inherent to AI in addition to the various user types and their needs.
The UX/Product Design Lead will own all design related strategy and execution. To start they will play a key role in whipping our existing product into shape. This includes continuing to build out, own and plan for the implementation of a design system that can scale with this rapidly-growing company.
As part of a tight knit team the UX/Product Designer's mission is to understand the basic needs of our customers and be the voice of the customer as we make quick decisions about what gets built. You must have the skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and peers alike.
• BA/BS degree in design, human-computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience participating in the full product development lifecycle of web, mobile, and/or software applications
• 5+ years work experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, service designer, or similar role in a related field
• Examples of your work and the ability to speak about what you did and how that contributed to a larger goal.
On the Design Front
• You have an understanding of atomic design and the ability to think, design and work within a system
• Superhero strength attention to detail
• You’re more interested in shipping quality functionality that is simple and gets the job done than making something look “cool”.
• You value simplicity, intuitiveness, and consistency across web and mobile platforms
• Expertise in putting together user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs that deliver on key business and user goals
• Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.
• Fine-tuned listening skills, ability to communicate design rationale to key stakeholders outside of the design team (such as business, legal, technology teams)
As a Professional You Can
• Speak with confidence and hold your own with Product Owners, Engineers, and Neuroscience PHDs alike
• Manage your time, prioritize your own work and work within deadlines with minimal supervision
• Keep an open mind, are willing and open to learning about other ways to do things
• Collaborate like a pro and are a true team player
Curiosity around how things work passion for problem-solving
Adaptive and agile, not just in a processed way but in a way that allows you wear multiple hats and not freak out when everything changes
• You’re a systems thinker and can jump levels between each layer of that system, from the pixel perfect details to how a component will act at a given part of a flow and how that component adds enough value to relate to the business objective.
Enthusiasm for machine learning technology