Lovepop is on a mission to create one billion magical moments and the best place in the world for hungry, creative problem-solvers. The mission of the UX Director is to build and manage a world class UX team by being a champion of UX process, validator of key product decisions, and mentor to a team of skilled designers so that we continue creating magical moments that help our customers connect with people they care about in meaningful ways.
What you'll do here:
- Design and implement beautiful, simple and engaging experiences that our customers love and provide value to the business.
- Build and manage a world class UX team of Product Designers that are hungry to improve the way people give gifts.
- Set the right expectations for the UX teams capacity and keep them accountable for consistently hitting timelines.
- Ongoing user testing working closely with our Customer Insights team so that we validate our design assumptions before building them.
- Maintain a consistent UX philosophy that permeates throughout all Lovepop experiences.
- Work with product owners and upper management to align on how design resources are spread across the Product teams.
- Develop methodologies that encourage rapid prototyping workflows, user experience best practices, and visual design systems to enable us to build and iterate quickly.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 7-10 years of experience working within Product/UX organizations.
- Past professional experience managing and scaling a team of designers and researchers.
- Prior experience working closely with PMs and engineers to ship great products.
- Expert understanding of UX best practices and can support all the decisions you make.
- Past experience effectively scaling design systems.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and willing and able to collaborate well with numerous stakeholders around the organization.
- You pursue everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; you never gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
You'll be great if:
- You have past experience thinking about how physical products and manufacturing processes impact web and mobile UX.
- You have some engineering/coding chops that will help you effortlessly communicate with our engineering teams.
- You have previous startup experience and are willing to wear a lot of hats to get the job done.